The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodil 'low population' bonus is broken (always in favor of specific faction)

Mr_Arce88
Mr_Arce88
✭✭✭
Disclaimer for players: I'm not blaming players, I'm blaming the game.

Dear ZOS, please for the love of whatever divines you believe in, fix low population mechanic. It would be best to completely disable it until you can reliably fix it.
Right now this bonuses exlusevely applies to the Blues. It is the same story every single time. It doesn't matter if other factions also have little people in Cyro. Bonus will only apply to Blues giving one specific faction a huge advatage.

See the screens - Blues and Reds have both 1 bar and almost identical resources/keeps/outposts situation. And yet, blues will receive x2.5 more points than reds... How is that a fair approach? By what standards are you measuring this? This is riddiculus.

fi6qpgdm3ws0.png
55wvwj8shddx.png

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When population is divided into 4 "bins" (1-bar, 2-bar, 3-bar, and full)... If there are 200 slots per faction (I don't know the number allowed in PVP these days). That would mean that 1-bar means anywhere from 1-66 people in Cyrodiil. What if red is at 45/50 people and blue is at 25/30? Is that low pop?

The bar system is so granular it is impossible to make a conclusion that they don't in-fact have a significantly lower population.

DC (at least on PC/NA) has always been more "hit or miss" on their population. They're either full... or it's a ghost town.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember right, there is also a duration for low pop. It doesn’t update in real time. Once a faction hits that bonus, it persists for a certain amount of time (I think an hour or so?). At once point DC was in second place and poised to take first because of that bonus even though EP and AD were full and owned most of the map between them. It’s not a very smart catchup system when it allows and encourages a team to win by leaving Cyro instead of actually playing.

The bar system is also questionable. While it can give a general idea of what’s going on population-wise, it also differs whether you’re in keyboard mode or gamepad mode. Unless a population is very low or very high (like dead-dead or locked), then gamepad mode and keyboard mode always differ by 1 bar at the same exact moment. On PC you can switch back and forth between the modes and see the bars change accordingly. So I’m really loath to put much stock in those bars as an accurate measurement, given that the same population number can be 1-bar in one mode and then two in another.