Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Siphoning Spells (CP slottable passive) have an internal cooldown?

Xour
Xour
Hi there. I noticed that if I gather a bunch of mobs (say 10+), and kill them all at once I barely get any Magicka back. I'm currently sitting with 40 points in Siphoning Spells, and it is slotted.

My first thought was that each enemy killed would grant me Magicka back but doesn't seem the case.

Thanks!
  • Xour
    Xour
    I cannot edit my post, but apparently, it is not working at all for me. Gathered five crabs, emptied my Magicka pool and killed them in a single blow. I got zero Magicka back.
  • Xour
    Xour
    Whelp, the same is true for Bloody Renewal. Jumped into my Templar and gathered a bunch of mobs, no Stamina returned.

Anyone else with this issue? I'm considering submitting a bug ticket.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To edit a thread's original post you first need to refresh the page, and then the little gear icon isn't in the normal place to edit posts (the lower left corner), it's up in the right side of the title, IIRC. Kinda weird. But you totally can edit an OP.

As to your question, I've actually wondered about this and have been meaning to test as well...

Short version is: seems to be working exactly as you'd think, and with no cooldown whatsoever.

Tested this on the Live server (PC/NA) both by looking at the Combat Metrics logs (there are options to see resource gain/loss events in the CMX logs if you dig around enough!) and also just eyeballing the magicka bar as I killed enemies. In the logs it clearly showed separate events of gaining the 1500 mag back within literally .02 seconds of each other (so, enemies that died in the same Meteor blast, in this case) and my gaze on the resource bar also corroborated that -- I gained back exactly 3K mag when the two dudes died. My addon / UI setup makes it quite easy to see this info, so I have no doubts about how much I've got in the bars at any time since numbers and percents are both shown (and also I just have the bars scaled up to be HUGE). I tested this with some mudcrabs, some bandits, some goblins, and even a couple of trolls (it was hard to get them to die at nearly the same time, but I eventually got them right). All enemies seemed to have the same exact behavior in regard to the Siphoning Spells passive.

Assuming you did actually slot it as you say you did, the only other thing I can think of is the internal cooldown that CP stars have on swapping them around. You can only change them once every 30 seconds, so if you'd too-recently swapped something around this I suppose it's possible you may have it properly slotted but something bugged out on the back end even after the CP cooldown was over.

I'd recommend unslotting all red CP stars (note: just unslotting them, not spending gold to back points out or anything like that!), CONFIRM, wait 45 seconds, then go back in and re-slot your Siphoning Spells (and whatever else too, I guess), CONFIRM again, then test to see if that fixed it for ya.
  • Xour
    Xour
    Thank you very much for your reply. I did as you suggested, un-slotted and re-slotted and checked the Combat Metrics log. Apparently, it is working, since I got lines like
    [2.491s You gained 2400 Magicka (Unknown)

I guess that is Siphoning Spells. However, I did notice that if I kill the enemies all at once, I only get 1200 Magicka back. If I space the kills a little bit, I get one line per kill.

Anyways, thanks a lot!