The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did the faction leaders meeting up before doing Covenant questline?

Aertew
Aertew
✭✭✭✭
So my main is a Breton Sorc. I was doing a questline in Bangkoria. First you take back a imperial keep then follow them to some redguard ruins. Save King Emerics soul and revive him. After you complete the quest and talk to himj he says something like, I would like break for a week but sadly I have an appoitment and so do you. However I didn't get a quest to continue so I started googling and realized this is where you are supposed to get the quest to have all the faction leaders meet up for the main quest in the game. However I somehow got the quest for the faction leaders to meet up before doing the covenant story?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it. It's a relic of the original game design.

Prior to Cadwell's Silver and Gold, you could only do your own Alliance's questline, which ended at meeting with the other Alliance leaders at Stirk, invading Coldharbor, stopping the Planemeld, beating Molag Bal...and then jetting off to Cyrodiil to spend the rest of your game life fighting in the Alliance War PVP.

With Cadwell's Silver and Gold, you could play through the other Alliance's questlines, but they all take place more or less simultaneously, as they all end at that point, "So, we gotta meet up at Stirk and discuss invading Coldharbor, yeah?"

If you've already done Stirk, then great! Except for that weird dialogue tag, the Covenant quest is over for you, since the next step is a Main Quest thing that you've already done. The Dominion and Pact have a similar "ending" for players who've already done Stirk.
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it. It's a relic of the original game design.

Prior to Cadwell's Silver and Gold, you could only do your own Alliance's questline, which ended at meeting with the other Alliance leaders at Stirk, invading Coldharbor, stopping the Planemeld, beating Molag Bal...and then jetting off to Cyrodiil to spend the rest of your game life fighting in the Alliance War PVP.

With Cadwell's Silver and Gold, you could play through the other Alliance's questlines, but they all take place more or less simultaneously, as they all end at that point, "So, we gotta meet up at Stirk and discuss invading Coldharbor, yeah?"

If you've already done Stirk, then great! Except for that weird dialogue tag, the Covenant quest is over for you, since the next step is a Main Quest thing that you've already done. The Dominion and Pact have a similar "ending" for players who've already done Stirk.

Ah ok thanks
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was also confused by this. I get that they don't want to change old content but this creates holes in narration, could be solved with an easy fix of removing a few lines of dialogue or something.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr