The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are Spell and Weapon pots broken? Are they overpowered?

MindOfTheSwarm
MindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
Do they need a rework?
Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on April 26, 2021 11:17AM

Are Spell and Weapon pots broken? Are they overpowered? 61 votes

Yes and rework them
8%
NyteshadeArkewthe1andonlyskwexMindOfTheSwarmCongrolios 5 votes
Yes but don’t rework them
4%
AertewDunning_KrugerZefyron 3 votes
No they are not broken
86%
Joy_DivisionWuffyCeruleilolo_01b16_ESOkojouWolfchild07KliffElo106ItoqArcVelarianIcy_NelyanVevvevBrrrofskiSanctum74NagualVFreakin_HytteWuuffyyDocFrost72inked1NarvuntienAcadianPaladin 53 votes
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Context?
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    wut?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No they are not broken
    Haven't heard of any bugs regarding those pots. They seem to work perfectly fine.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and rework them
    They do what other skills do and negate the need for those skills while at the same time making them necessary for trials. I propose a rework to something like this:

Restore 7558 Magicka and gain Major Intellect for 47 seconds. Your Magic, Fire, Shock and Frost Damage done is increased by 8% for 35 seconds.

Stam variant would be the same.

Removing Savagery and Sorcery etc and replacing it with an independent buff.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    They do what other skills do and negate the need for those skills while at the same time making them necessary for trials. I propose a rework to something like this:

Restore 7558 Magicka and gain Major Intellect for 47 seconds. Your Magic, Fire, Shock and Frost Damage done is increased by 8% for 35 seconds.

Funny you say that, some end game groups run heroism potions, and use other means for sorcery and prophecy.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean if you want to buff top dps more thats fine with me o:)
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken

That would just make them stronger
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    Not every class have skills for Weapon/Spell DMG/Crit (ekhm, ekhm, Necro).

And because many builds using class abilities to maximize benefits from passives, your option is simply waste of potential.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It would seem more that we have a choice as to where we gain such a buff and that buff seems to only affect one stat that increases our damage. While I expect such potions are not really required in raids, but are probably best for min/maxing.

The important takeaway here is that suggestion being made would merely mean the buff has changed and the potions would still be BiS and just as important to use when min/maxing. Also, the suggestion buffs damage straight up instead of merely buffing the single damage stat. I assume that our magicka contributes damage just like spell damage.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So your answer is to give a different bonus that is going to potentially stack on top of major sorcery/savagery? That is just going to make the spell/weapon power pots even more powerful and widen the gap between highly coordinated groups and your average run-of-the-mill group. Remember that a DK can grant major sorcery/savagery with molten weapons. So that will become a must-have ability for DK tanks (or alternatively, a DK DPS), and people will just stack these potions on top of them to increase their damage potential even further.

IMO, the end result of that is probably going to be more broken than the current situation, where its basically trading a skill slot for a potion slot for the same bonuses.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken

IMO, the end result of that is probably going to be more broken than the current situation, where its basically trading a skill slot for a potion slot for the same bonuses.

Preach.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you remove them people will rely on DK to give Sorcery/Brutality and all Prophecy/Savagery will be from slotting Inner Light/Camo Hunter and use Heroism pots that are even more expensive + ingredients for them are locked behind DLC making the pots even more atrociously expensive.
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    So many potions have been nerfed in the past that there are hardly any worth using anymore. Why even have them? Just remove them all.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    They can be bought from battleground merchant and can be traded. So I don't see the issue here.

What pots are outstandingly good are HP+resource+immovable in PvP. But I guess thats fine.

I'd rather see more effects and nuke the magica/stamina symmetry. This whole crafting table sounds so.. balanced and unnatural. I'd like to have weird effects and combos instead.
    Edited by divnyi on April 27, 2021 11:20AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    In fact, they are not attractive enough to earn the use of any of my characters.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on April 27, 2021 11:29AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    The only change I want to potion is the alliance health pots to be tri ports instead of having the stupid invisibility aspect.

Most PvP players use tripots and it would also be a cheaper way for tanks to use them in pve.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    lol. This is a joke right?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    No they are not broken
    My personal thought is that they are fine.

Every crafting skill should be able to contribute something substantial to endgame. And right now they all do. Cloth/Wood/Blacksmith/Jewel provide set items and allow far easier upgrading to gold quality, Enchanting makes gold enchants for all your equipment, Provisioning makes BiS attribute boosting food, and Alchemy provides buffs that would otherwise take hotbar slots. All are useful and all are potentially accessible to everyone.

Given that everyone can use them (and even make them if they put in the time), I don't feel like they unbalance anything or give anyone an unfair advantage, and top end content can be balanced around their existence since it can be reasonably expected that people doing top end content have access to them just like they do set bonuses so they don't even provide an issue in content balancing.

I like that every craft provides something important to a character build. Otherwise crafting is meaningless.