The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Guild Stores and Keeps

maso
maso
Is there any point in your guild owning a keep besides bragging rights?

During development it seemed one of the major features was that guilds owning keeps would be able to open their store up to the masses, giving every guild a real incentive to capture and defend keeps.

I expected this would be the case come release, but it seems all capturing a keep does is allow you to use the guild store in PvP... which is completely pointless as you can do that anywhere at anytime. Was this feature not the main reason the game decided not to use an Auction House? Or is there a way to make it public that I am not aware of?

Seems to me that this was originally going to be the way it worked, but ended up not being a priority somehow and became forgotten or scrapped. Which really sucks, because without an auction house the primary method of trading is zone chat spam. Kind of a lazy way of handling your economy f you ask me...
Edited by maso on April 13, 2014 5:33AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I kind of expected to be able to access other guilds' stores from the keeps. Kind of pointless to not be able to I think.

Although I think the keep upgrades faster if it and it's resources are claimed.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They should have public guilds. Like in Eve Online when you create a character it automatically is placed in a general public corp. Such a guild should not have the 500 limit unless the game creates additional guilds as needed.
    Options