The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Frost Staff Heavy Attack rework, Single Target > Channeled Cone

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to give some damage to a a pure Ice Mage build is like expecting it to rain in Anequina, but some simple changes could help bring us with Ice Mage characters closer to viability in Veteran content. One solution is altering the mechanics of the Frost Destruction Staff. Currently it's a charged Single Target attack, similar to the Flame Staff. The Ice Staff Heavy takes a while to charge, the projectile is noticeable slow and doesn't hit very hard. Here's my suggestion, and I know many are opposed since we already have a balance of 2 Single Targets and 2 Channels, but in my mind this would only help the Ice Staff.

Ice Staff Light Attacks would remain a single target projectile. Medium and Heavy Attacks however turn into a Channel, dealing Frost Damage over time in a Cone. Enemies caught within the edges of the cone take a percentage of the damage done, and all enemies within the cone are Snared for the duration of the attack. This change would give Frost Staff DDs in groups more utility, being able to both damage and debuff multiple enemies in a mob pull at the same time with their weapons as well as their abilities.

Plus, I mean, it would look better in my opinion.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure. It could work, but what would the range be?
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure. It could work, but what would the range be?

To be simple I'd say just match it with the shock or resto, but if the staves have different ranges then maybe the Frost heavy could be shorter to encourage Mages to fight nearer melee range. Risk reward?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like being able to heavy attack resources from long distances. not that i really like how slow and boring the heavy attack is, but that's the most important thing for me.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like being able to heavy attack resources from long distances. not that i really like how slow and boring the heavy attack is, but that's the most important thing for me.

Yeah, mostly worried about resources and the ice shield for heavy attack. Short range would hinder both.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really wish all staff heavy attacks where a channel like lightning and resto.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
    Options
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frost staff are important part of my tank build. Keep your DD hand from it.

:)

Options
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I like the channel idea. Wish all staff Heavy attacks were like lightning and restoration.

AoE however isn't a good idea because lightning HA does that already. I'd stick to a "cryo" beam.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
    Options