The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Mannimarco ever return?

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Taking into account the unfortunate position the writers are in concerning "Story Order"

Could Mannimarco return in ESO? Do you think us seeing his backstory in Summerset foreshadowed his return?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Lyris also mentioned dealing with some Mannimarco clean-up during Greymoor or Markarth... I think it'd be cool if he returned, he was a good antagonist, it would also mean that we'd get more trailer!Mannimarco as well :)
  • Maligerent
    Maligerent
    Soul Shriven
    If he does return, it should be his ascension as the necromancers' god. Or as a lich. His return in Oblivion was a serious letdown, honestly.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not. I hate when major/primary antagonists return after you've defeated them, it completely undermines the accomplishment of defeating them in the first place.
    Edited by RedMuse on April 28, 2021 2:51PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maligerent wrote: »
    If he does return, it should be his ascension as the necromancers' god. Or as a lich. His return in Oblivion was a serious letdown, honestly.

Er, the necromancer's god bit won't happen until the 3rd Era at the end of TES II Daggerfall.

If it happens in ESO, it'll probably have to deal with Vanus Galerion and the Order of the Lamp.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 28, 2021 2:54PM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    I hope not. I hate when major/primary antagonists return after you've defeated them, it completely undermines the accomplishment of defeating them in the first place.

maybe, but putting aside the worm king our other primary antagonists have technally been the daedric lords and we cant kill them and they will always return.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »

maybe, but putting aside the worm king our other primary antagonists have technally been the daedric lords and we cant kill them and they will always return.

You're missing my point [snip]

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 3, 2021 12:47PM
  • AlexKuczaja
    AlexKuczaja
    ✭✭

Except, we kinda didn't defeated him. Molag Bal took our victory right from under our noses. For me it's still unresolved villain and im eager to finally fight him
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah at some point he is going to pop his head up, maybe in a weakend state? and he is trying to get in our good books by helping us with a future problem and he wants/needs something from us....

Maybe turn him into that love to hate villain....

With each of the companions making a comeback, no noubt we have not seen the last of him.....or Molag-Bal for that matter.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    He returns at some point in the second era as a full blown lich with an army of necromancers and fights the order of the lamp, the necromancers are losing but then mannimarco takes to the field and turns the tide of the battle. He and vanus duel and he kills vanus, but the order are then able to strip his artifacts from him and seemingly kill him.

However what they didn't realize is the failed to kill him and he went into hiding and started planning for the war in the west at some point.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna see him as a side quest where he like. Pops out of his lich coccoon and you fight him while he's vulnerable. Or we somehow try to interrupt a portion of his lich process, thereby learning more about how it works. It would also fit in storywise with any stage of the main quest.

The backstory we got for Mannimarco in the Summerset delve quest was honestly really cool, and I'd be satisfied to see more flashback quests like that.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never gonna happen and not lore friendly either but it would be awesome for him to be a trial boss we gotta kill
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never gonna happen and not lore friendly either but it would be awesome for him to be a trial boss we gotta kill

How is it not Lore Friendly?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He returns at some point in the second era as a full blown lich.

He is already a Full-Blown Lich.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    I would Mannimarko returns in ESO as a anti hero, who help us in some troubles, not like a villain again.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope to not see him again
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we'll get to visit his sanctum of Scourge Barrow up in the Dragontails.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except, we kinda didn't defeated him. Molag Bal took our victory right from under our noses. For me it's still unresolved villain and im eager to finally fight him

Imo that was a case of poetic justice that I was entirely happy to help along. When Varen showed me his fate in a later mission and tried to make me feel sorry for him I was all like, "Nah, this works for me". He tried to screw over both me and the god of schemes, we both got our payback. I'm quite ahppy to let Good Ole Bals do my dirty work for me on this aacount. I'll be standing happily on the side line and gloat just before I go kick His Schemeness' ass.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no... no more continuity breaking... In one questline, Mannimarco will be bound to the torturing room in Coldharbour, in the other he will be roaming around Tamriel again. P much like Lyris :|
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Please no... no more continuity breaking... In one questline, Mannimarco will be bound to the torturing room in Coldharbour, in the other he will be roaming around Tamriel again. P much like Lyris :|

Oh trust me I have plenty of issues with the current handling of continuity and story pacing that I think need immediate solving