The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden's could tame wild life for different effects and to add class flavor

Aertew
Aertew
✭✭✭✭
Right now there really isn't anything that makes warden unique from other classes combat wise. I propose that we can use other wild-life and tame them, other MMO's have done this most notably the hunter class in WoW and I think the ranger class in WoW. The bear would be what you start with but you can use your ult on animals to tame them. So it doesn't feel bland mabye you need to have a specific food in your inventory to feed them and make them like you. ex: Wolf's would be use the cooking item called game.
so that every pet doesn't feel the same make it so they each have a different ability like how the bear will do a more powerful attack.

wolf, well rounded-activating your ultimate causes your wolf pet to charge to the nearest enemy and knocking them down dealing physical damage.
kwama or nixhound?- high attack and speed, lower defense and health-The kwama spits adhesive at the enemy, dealing x poison damage over a certain amount of time.

These are just 2 examples and would make warden more interesting than everyone having a bear guardian. It wouldn't be lore breaking since I believe skyrim had a spell to calm animals and prevent them from attacking you.
  • dogshaman
    dogshaman
    ✭✭✭
    Training your own pet sounds fun and having a warden main character, I think this idea could make them more interesting.

Bears = power, bash attacks, more of a tank

wolves/senche = speed-rush, slash/bleed attacks, more of a burst dps

hackwing/cliff striders/terror bird = fear/stun attacks, maybe cc pet?

kwarma/nix hound/skeever = disease/poison, maybe defile and less dmg, but more of a steady dps?

netch/mudcrab = maybe some light healing/defense buffs/speed?

The wardens own spells would need to be adjusted of course.
    But between having different pets, spells and gear sets, this could definately make each warden more unique.
    Washargo ~ Khajiit Warden Werewolf
    a.k.a. Wrongway Washargo, Wash the Elderly
    ~ Wanted by the Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart Pact for thievery, pickpocketing, impersonating a Daedric Prince, pandemonium and general mayhem
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting ideas! I think they're trying to limit the gimmicks of pet classes though
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr