Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins 700/700 - Meridian Shrine

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, here's my furnished Varlaisvea home, which I made into a Meridian Shrine. :smile:

Yes, this house is huge, but personally I liked the look of empty Ayleid ruins being reclaimed by nature, so I didn't mind the sparse outdoors area. Of course, I would love to have 200 or more extra slots lol! But still, I think this is a nice Ayleid house. Here's a video and also some pictures for those that prefer still images (also, feel free to speed up the video - I can never get the speed right, walking seems too slow but running is too fast haha).

Hope you all have fun with furnishing your own Ayleid dream homes too! :blush:

https://youtu.be/URs4WnS9sa0

Outdoors Ruins
8y5bzcofvsaf.png
2qw7mfwbtnur.png
I left most of the outdoors empty, apart from adding tons of vines and shrubs which I think fits with the outdoor ruin vibe. The three pillars and the central beacon are supposed to be magical perimeter wards. As long as the wards remain active, the magic in the ruin's waters continues to work.

Shrinekeeper's Quarters
fhrwus4kwnf9.png
y95tzjzwe8rt.png
famt5kc5c3w8.png

Kitchen & Dining Area
btnuc78j5d0g.png

Library
rolkb4u21cds.png

Main Shrine Hall
oqvdauun0lat.png
080a1w5ut9wc.png
3j8v9jw9w2jj.png
jjc79jv0dweq.png
026a2c2lal8x.png
crwcrjdad9qc.png

I was inspired by the many pools and the description of 'allegedly restorative waters' to create a 'fountain of eternal life' vibe throughout the house. Of course, the new Aetherial Well furnishing and the statue of Meridia are the centerpiece. There is also a goblet next to the Fountain of Immortality, and this magical water grants the imbiber eternal life... but in a classical twist, it doesn't grant eternal youth or eternal beauty. :wink: For that, pilgrims must ascend to the top of the shrine and bathe in the Pool of Youth and the Pool of Beauty (marked by the Constellation Tiles of the Lady and the Lover).

7nn9x7kagodu.png
dul78u84py4q.png
pjdekdb7qt8c.png

Make sure you don't give in to temptation and don't touch Meridia's shining Beacon... otherwise the invisible lady will never leave you alone... 'A nEw HaNd tOuChEs ThE bEaCoN!!!!' :lol::wink:

Thanks for watching, and have a great day! :star:
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    beeeautiful lighting — thanks for sharing ♡
    Edited by airie on April 22, 2021 11:56AM
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s so beautiful — thank you for sharing! :smiley: The Markarth and Dwarven furnishings work quite well with the Ayleid and Alinor that you have used and integrate the Auriel shrine into the rest through the various appearances of the white-stone-and-gold.

May I ask what you used to cover the recesses in the far wall of your library? I was thinking to try one of the Markarth wall, floor or walkway pieces once I get the plans. They are probably meant to hold sarcophagi but I also prefer to put the room to different use!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the lovely comments, and thanks for checking out my house! :blush:
    May I ask what you used to cover the recesses in the far wall of your library? I was thinking to try one of the Markarth wall, floor or walkway pieces once I get the plans. They are probably meant to hold sarcophagi but I also prefer to put the room to different use!
    Yeah I agree! :smile: I'm also using Markarth structures - it's 'Markarth Platform, Square'. You'd need 2 of these on each side to cover all the recesses completely; I'm using 1 because the Ayleid Shelves covered the small remaining gap at the bottom. But I found that the Platform is a nice large item to use as coverage, and it fits in nicely with the Ayleid stones.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird thank you! I will look to get the pattern for that Markarth platform ASAP! :)

Going to my Ayleid property (which I have only just begun to decorate) after seeing your video, I was struck by just how many vines you added! I mean, I noticed that you had added many and especially the cave was beautifully verdant, but those you’ve placed look so natural, I could forget how few there were to start with!

Also, looking closer at your screen shots I notice a few things I didn’t fully see in the video, such as your creative uses for the Ayleid bookshelves as tables and other furnishings — well done! :smiley:
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks very atmospheric, and I agree with a previous comment, the lightning is great and very suited to Meridia!