The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cold Fire and Cold Harbor Ballista?

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have never seen or heard of a Cold Harbor Ballista, but I get hit with them all the time. I also get hit with Cold Fire, which are the ones I know about. What is a Cold Harbor weapon and where do they come from?
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolmens in cyro + MM event rewards
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have only ever looted Cold Fire Ballista from either of those. I have never seen a Cold Harbor Ballista drop from either.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be the case that Cold Fire Ballista is the name of the weapon and Cold Harbor Ballista Bolt (sic) is how its damage appears on the death recap.

This game has long has issues with consistency in naming things. Even "Cold Harbor," while definitely an actual in-game death recap listing, appears to be an error for "Coldharbour."

ETA: Yes, Coldharbour is spelled with a U even in NA versions of the game. It doesn't change to Coldharbor anywhere else that I've found.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 22, 2021 10:38PM
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

I have only ever looted Cold Fire Ballista from either of those. I have never seen a Cold Harbor Ballista drop from either.

I think "Coldharbour Ballista" is just the name of the direct damage portion of the coldfire ballista's effect in your death recap. You don't see it as often because you usually die to the DoT instead of the initial impact.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are three different types of “cold” seige, cold fire ballista, cold fire trebuchet, and cold stone trebuchet which is more rare of a drop but does more damage than the cold fire.

If you’re not having luck at a dolmen you can usually find them at a guild trader.
    Edited by Sanctum74 on April 22, 2021 11:00PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There are three different types of “cold” seige, cold fire ballista, cold fire trebuchet, and cold stone trebuchet which is more rare of a drop but does more damage than the cold fire.

If you’re not having luck at a dolmen you can usually find them at a guild trader.

Yeah, I have at least 30+ of each, probably 50 of the trebs. Finding them isn't an issue.
    Kwoung wrote: »

I think "Coldharbour Ballista" is just the name of the direct damage portion of the coldfire ballista's effect in your death recap. You don't see it as often because you usually die to the DoT instead of the initial impact.

Thanks, that is probably it. I was thinking maybe one of the AD/EP versions of Cold Fire had a weird damage name or maybe it was some old name for it some folks still had hanging about. Its not just in my death recap I see Cold "Harbour", I see it on my damage logs, but not always.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens when you buy your ballistae from Wish! I ordered a Cold Fire Ballista, shipped directly from Coldharbour.... and I think I got the Cold Harbor Freight version instead!

mHpahlW.png
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put them on sale in a guildstore all the time.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put them on sale in a guildstore all the time.

Yah, but they’re the icky EP version. :D
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche