The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

crate duplicates question

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
Say I bought 4 crates and ended up with three duplicates, do the gems you get for the duplicates amount to what it would cost you to buy that item were you to buy it?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, items cost more gems than the duplicates give you.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

Thanks. That's kind of what I figured but it sort of sucks.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. That's kind of what I figured but it sort of sucks.
    Yupp. It really does. :disappointed:

It's even worse that we get tons of trash collectibles that we can't even extract for gems. Back in the day, Crates used to drop whole Motif Books, which would go in your inventory and you could extract them for gems. Then, starting with the Psijic Scam Crates, they added Motif Pages individually, diluting the already crappy drop rates - but at least you were able to extract them for gems and at least the Pyandonean motif had an ingame source too (after much initial outcry).

But now, we get individual Style Pages that go directly into your collections rather than into your inventory (and therefore can't be extracted for gems if you don't want them), and which also only come from Crates and have no ingame way of getting them, and they are added to the drops armor piece by piece, resulting in a diluted pool of trash that nobody wants to draw. So I think even ZOS can't argue against the fact that the Crates became more exploitative and less playerfriendly over time. Shame, really.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly a duplicate item gives you 1/3 the gems it costs to buy it, but it's been a while since I've opened any crates (since whenever they last did free ones) so I may be remembering it it wrong.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"