The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any reason why duels and BGs doesn't start with clearing up ultimate meter?

divnyi
divnyi
✭✭✭✭✭
As for the duels, I think it is just fair thing, because one with lots of ulti for big ultimate (like goliath or vamplord) have a definite advantage over same player with same sets and same ultis but without ulti meter.

As for BGs, it will make game openers less bursty, which is good thing in my opinion. It will require removing any ulti gain on respawn (as necros at least can prebuff a lot during game start).

Any reason why duels and BGs doesn't start with clearing up ultimate meter? 23 votes

Clear ultis in both modes
43%
blistb16_ESOBashevSylosimethod__01master_vanargandVandorhaulBASIClyGODRaulmonddivnyiMrMazurski 10 votes
Clear ultis in duels only
4%
Dakkx 1 vote
Clear ultis in BGs only
17%
AznoxbuzzclopsLMarshall910WabanakiWarrior 4 votes
Leave everything as it is
34%
lolo_01b16_ESODaemonaiElo106WaffennachtXargas13UrzigurumashFadedAmottica 8 votes
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no sense to go with full ulti but I guess it is not so easy to be done (who knows the code behind).
    At least we all can go with full ulti, it is an advantage for people who use more powerful and more expensive ulti but what we can do?
    You saw how many changes were in the patch notes (major patch) for Battlegrounds. I doubt ZoS make some changes.
    Because I can!
  • Daemonai
    Daemonai
    ✭✭✭✭
    And in the process create a bug where no one can generate ultimate at all? No thank you :|
    Edited by Daemonai on April 21, 2021 10:50AM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    At least we all can go with full ulti, it is an advantage for people who use more powerful and more expensive ulti but what we can do?

Or, it's one of the only ways people are being motivated to run these ults in BGs to begin with. You take them out, more people are slotting more of the cheap ults. That you get a free Goliath off the rip compared to my nearly 1/3 cost Leap is balanced out by the fact that I'm getting 10 more Leaps and you're getting 1 more Goliath, or whatever. You get my point.

Balance has to be balanced against fun.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to duel without startig with full ultimate, just talk to your dueling partner. I like being able to use duels to test if skills actually do what the tooltip says. And sometimes this requires having a full ultimate before you engage combat.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, it's one of the only ways people are being motivated to run these ults in BGs to begin with.

Don't know about you, but I'll run both cheap and expensive. You don't always have a situation when using cheap ulti is highly beneficial.

Leap costs 1/3 of Goliath is about the correct cost in proportion to what it does.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Or, it's one of the only ways people are being motivated to run these ults in BGs to begin with.

Don't know about you, but I'll run both cheap and expensive. You don't always have a situation when using cheap ulti is highly beneficial.

Leap costs 1/3 of Goliath is about the correct cost in proportion to what it does.

Well sure, you've got two slots. I guess I think more of the stalwart WWs who ran it in BGs even when it wasn't a good spec. Being able to start with full Ult was probably one of the only things keeping them interested.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know with dueling it's pretty much expected that you should start with zero ult, but with BGs why not use the extra time spent waiting in queue to get your ulti back up? If you can get a successful alpha strike on your opponents in the first minute then depending on the game mode and opponent skill this can set you up for a win from the outset, particularly if you're in a solo queue.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I know with dueling it's pretty much expected that you should start with zero ult, but with BGs why not use the extra time spent waiting in queue to get your ulti back up? If you can get a successful alpha strike on your opponents in the first minute then depending on the game mode and opponent skill this can set you up for a win from the outset, particularly if you're in a solo queue.

It is balanced as in "everyone have the same conditions", but I'd rather start with 0 ulti so the game openers weren't that swingy and actually promoted some healthy teamfights.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason for any player to enter a BG without a full ult meter if they want it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason for any player to enter a BG without a full ult meter if they want it

This post made my decision. Since everyone can do it then it is not an issue.