The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The need for a Story Guide

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Zone Guides do a very good job of guiding you through the story quests and other content within each zone, but there is nothing in-game currently that guides you through all the zones in each story arc in the right order to best experience the content.

This is where a Story Guide comes in. Following a similar design to the original Cadwell's Almanac (which has served its purpose and might as well be retired), the Story Guide would list all the Prologue Quests and Zones in each story arc. (No need to list the Zone Quests directly, as this would be a companion to the Zone Guide and could link directly to the Zone Guide for each zone.) Like Cadwell's Almanac, each Zone could be checked off in the Story Guide once all its Story Quests are complete.

The Story Guide would currently look something like this:

Aldmeri Dominion
  • Zone Story: Khenarthi's Roost
  • Zone Story: Auridon
  • Zone Story: Grahtwood
  • Zone Story: Greenshade
  • Zone Story: Malabal Tor
  • Zone Story: Reaper's March
  • Objective: Stirk
Daggerfall Covenant
  • Zone Story: Stros M'Kai
  • Zone Story: Betnikh
  • Zone Story: Glenumbra
  • Zone Story: Stormhaven
  • Zone Story: Rivenspire
  • Zone Story: Alik'r Desert
  • Zone Story: Bangkorai
Ebonheart Pact
  • Zone Story: Bleakrock Isle
  • Zone Story: Bal Foyen
  • Zone Story: Stonefalls
  • Zone Story: Deshaan
  • Zone Story: Eastmarch
  • Zone Story: The Rift
The Planemeld
  • Cadwell's Bronze: <Your First Alliance>
  • Zone Story: Coldharbour
  • Cadwell's Silver: <Your Second Alliance>
  • Cadwell's Gold: <Your Third Alliance>
Guilds and Glory
  • Zone Story: Craglorn
  • Zone Story: Imperial City
  • Zone Story: Wrothgar
  • Zone Story: Hew's Bane
  • Zone Story: Gold Coast
The Daedric War
  • Prologue Quest: The Missing Prophecy
  • Zone Story: Vvardenfell
  • Prologue Quest: Of Knives and Long Shadows
  • Zone Story: Clockwork City
  • Prologue Quest: Through a Veil Darkly
  • Zone Story: Summerset
Murkmire
  • Prologue Quest: Ruthless Competition
  • Prologue Quest: The Cursed Skull
  • Zone Story: Murkmire
Season of the Dragon
  • Prologue Quest: The Demon Weapon
  • Prologue Quest: The Halls of Colossus
  • Zone Story: Northern Elsweyr
  • Prologue Quest: The Dragonguard's Legacy
  • Prologue Quest: The Horn of Ja'darri
  • Zone Story: Southern Elsweyr
  • Epilogue Quest: The Dark Aeon
  • Epilogue Quest: New Moon Rising
  • Epilogue Quest: The Pride of Elsweyr
Dark Heart of Skyrim
  • Prologue Quest: The Coven Conspiracy
  • Prologue Quest: The Coven Conundrum
  • Zone Story: Western Skyrim
  • Prologue Quest: The Ravenwatch Inquiry
  • Prologue Quest: The Gray Council
  • Zone Story: The Reach
  • Epilogue Quest: The End of Eternity
  • Epilogue Quest: Kingdom of Ash
  • Epilogue Quest: Second Chances
Gates of Oblivion
  • Prologue Quest: A Mortal's Touch
  • Prologue Quest: The Emperor's Secret
  • Zone Story: Blackwood
Edited by Enodoc on April 21, 2021 2:41PM
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be amazing!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have updated the Planemeld section above with a suggestion to properly track Cadwell's quests in the right order, as Silver and Gold can still exist even if the journal tab for the Almanac itself is replaced by this Story Guide.

In full, this section would be:
    The Planemeld (for a DC character)
    • Cadwell's Bronze: Daggerfall Covenant
    • Cadwell's Silver: Aldmeri Dominion
    • Cadwell's Gold: Ebonheart Pact
    The Planemeld (for an AD character)
    • Cadwell's Bronze: Aldmeri Dominion
    • Cadwell's Silver: Ebonheart Pact
    • Cadwell's Gold: Daggerfall Covenant
    The Planemeld (for an EP character)
    • Cadwell's Bronze: Ebonheart Pact
    • Cadwell's Silver: Daggerfall Covenant
    • Cadwell's Gold: Aldmeri Dominion
    This would link into the three Alliance storyline sections relative to your own Alliance, so they are displayed in the same order you get Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold. This also brings back the "missing link" of Cadwell's Bronze to track your own alliance within the context of the greater storyline, which is something else I outlined many years ago but is still a viable suggestion.

I also moved Craglorn into the Guilds and Glory section, as while it is not part of that DLC pack, it isn't related to the Planemeld storyline either, so might as well go in with other standalone zones.
    Edited by Enodoc on April 21, 2021 2:46PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I been Using :

THE QUESTING GUIDE
    • A list of compiled quests where you'll find each major storyline in the game listed in chronological order, (defaulting to order of content release), where you can follow along or even check off your list you may have left uncompleted years ago.
    The Questing Guide Menu Showing the chronological order of quests by zone and a summary of your actions in each quest
    k8mYzMX.png

I am excite to see where this will lead you.

I am currently working on a project and this will surly help me with it.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, TQG is good - I was working with the creator of that add-on when it first came out to help them with the quest database, and I believe it is loosely based on our UESP Story Charts.

The Story Guide suggestion would essentially be an officially-developed and supported version of this, fully usable for console players and those who don't use add-ons.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yeah, TQG is good - I was working with the creator of that add-on when it first came out to help them with the quest database, and I believe it is loosely based on our UESP Story Charts.

The Story Guide suggestion would essentially be an officially-developed and supported version of this, fully usable for console players and those who don't use add-ons.

Great Idea for people who need it on Console.

I love what Alianym has brought for the the community with their AddOns.

I gladly support this suggestion.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons