Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character's Biography tool

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Every time I create a character, I always like to imagine his/her history. Age, place of birth, Name of his/her father and mother, siblings, background details.

Perhaps it would be very nice if ZoS creates a tool which allow all RP players to register their toons' "biography", details, ancestry, etc..

The tool will be OPTIONAL, of course.

That history could be seen by any other player interested. Its a way to create a deep relationship between the characters and the game -- and give the players a chance to tell us about their toons' imaginative beginnings...
Edited by Scaletho on August 30, 2020 12:37PM
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    This would be fantastic, if it was implemented. Something I really enjoyed in LotRO was reading the biographies of other characters when inspecting them; folk can be highly creative and entertaining in this regard. Obviously, there's no inspecting of other characters in ESO, as it's an extremely unpopular idea for those wishing to safeguard their builds, but the option to share a character's backstory in some other way would indeed be awesome!
    Edited by Aendruu on August 22, 2020 12:27PM
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always done this in Eve online and always liked to read other people's bio's. Some players just put in random rubbish, nothing to do with their characters, or useful info or (corporation) guild related content. It was always entertaining either way. A lot of people had proper role play bio's though that were interesting to read.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • ApexNorth
    ApexNorth
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love this, but it'd need to have a large character limit. My characters backstory is currently a full A4 page.
    "What is the color of night?" - The Black Door

"As every hand has fingers, does not every finger have a nail? A claw? A talon? Every finger of the hand, every Speaker, has such a nail."
    ―Lucien Lachance
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just learned of this addon and then saw this thread a minute after. This is basically the thing you are asking for!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roleplaying friends, an addon for viewing character profile info while playing ESO has finally arrived! RP Profile Viewer can display biographical information as well as character images within the ESO game client, similar to WoW's popular TRP addon. The only catch is that you will need to maintain your character's profile information on https://eso-rollplay.net/. It also requires the use of a TTC-style downloader program (source here).

FVnvMq7.jpg

The addon can be found under the Roleplay category in Minion, or you can visit its ESOUI page for more info: https://esoui.com/downloads/info2959-RPProfileViewer.html

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I wouldn't use it but can see how some players might like it.

My only concern is resource. There's so much that needs fixing, I can't help but feel that there's a better way to use their staff other than implementing "nice" systems.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be short or it will simply become a write-only document. If it can't be read in ten seconds (or less) people will lose interest, and then it's just a waste of disc space.

Having it short also challenges the author. Makes them think about their character and who they really are. I like that sort of challenge.

A couple of tweets' worth of text max, displayed in at least seven lines. For me that would be enough for two haikus. Ideal.
    PC EU
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It needs to be short or it will simply become a write-only document. If it can't be read in ten seconds (or less) people will lose interest, and then it's just a waste of disc space.

Having it short also challenges the author. Makes them think about their character and who they really are. I like that sort of challenge.

A couple of tweets' worth of text max, displayed in at least seven lines. For me that would be enough for two haikus. Ideal.

The addon can be found under the Roleplay category in Minion, or you can visit its ESOUI page for more info: https://esoui.com/downloads/info2959-RPProfileViewer.html

What so you think of that?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons