The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

High FPS Readings and Computer Overworking

Sabretusks
Sabretusks
✭✭✭
em9hkk0d4a1y.png

So, starting a few weeks ago the computer sounded like it was working a bit too hard in Delves and housing areas. Now as I play more, the FPS readings are going through the roof until the computer eventually shuts off. I'm now on the 2nd iteration of me having completely uninstalled and reinstalling the game. I've had the same problem without add-ons turned on, and again where the addons have been completely uninstalled. Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a known solution?
Edited by Sabretusks on April 20, 2021 4:28AM
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    I should add that I actually uninstalled all the addons and still ran into the same problem.
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have that particular runaway FPS issue but can offer a couple a possible solutions.

The first options to try/check would be the UserSettings.

1. Open UserSettings (Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live)
    2. Look for SET MinFrameTime.2 (can use Ctrl+F to bring up the find, type in minframe, then enter)
    3. MinFrameTime.2 should be set to 1/(monitor refresh rate).
    60 Hz=1/60=0.01666667
    120 Hz = 1/120 = 0.00833333
    144 Hz= 1/144=0.06944444
    4. Save and close UserSettings.

The second option would be to try and limit the FPS using either the Nvidia Control Panel (or the AMD version). As I have Nvidia this applies to Nvidia cards.

1. Open the Control Panel (Nvidia)
    2. Manage 3d Settings
    3. Choose eso64.exe (you may have to add the program if it does not show)
    4. Scroll down to Max Frame Rate and set the value.
    5. Apply and close the Control Panel.

Hopefully this helps.
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can find troubleshooting for these performance issues in the thread linked below:

Low FPS since update 29
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have that particular runaway FPS issue but can offer a couple a possible solutions.

The first options to try/check would be the UserSettings.

1. Open UserSettings (Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live)
    2. Look for SET MinFrameTime.2 (can use Ctrl+F to bring up the find, type in minframe, then enter)
    3. MinFrameTime.2 should be set to 1/(monitor refresh rate).
    60 Hz=1/60=0.01666667
    120 Hz = 1/120 = 0.00833333
    144 Hz= 1/144=0.06944444
    4. Save and close UserSettings.

The second option would be to try and limit the FPS using either the Nvidia Control Panel (or the AMD version). As I have Nvidia this applies to Nvidia cards.

1. Open the Control Panel (Nvidia)
    2. Manage 3d Settings
    3. Choose eso64.exe (you may have to add the program if it does not show)
    4. Scroll down to Max Frame Rate and set the value.
    5. Apply and close the Control Panel.

Hopefully this helps.

This worked for me. I had out of control fps (200-300+) and when I set max to 58 my computer was happy again.

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since last update there is an issue with UserSettings when it randomly overrides SET MinFrameTime.2 settings with zeroes which completely unlock FPS (default cap is 100 FPS)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton