The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Bot plague and a way to fix it that's fair to the living.

worrix
worrix
First some observations.
There are many hard feeling regarding bots and quest mobs. From watching them I think there acutely using thees relativity safe and predictable mobs to "power level" paying clients. there reaction time is instant and there DPS overwhelming Live players cant compete.

How can we make it so this is no-longer a worthwhile venture?
In LoTRO they put in place cool down times for named and many quest encounters. you can kill it again... in 6 hours, tomorrow whatever. You end up removing the automated EXP grind and much of this will stop.

If there no-longer getting coin loot while there letting there bots run there wont be as much coin to sell. fewer Gold spammers in chat.

There is a wonderful "spam filter" plug in that gets a good share of the spam using basic pattern analysis. Gold spammers do the same thing over and over its a pattern that should allow the system to filter them. They also tend to have names that are not words again another pattern its like email spam the filter rates a message based on its content if it has more then a score of X its marked spam.

Your system should be able to do this.
Last night there where 8 spam bots in one city you could not catch the real chat from there spam without stopping to ignore them and then you just get new ones.

This is not the days of Everquest where there where few options.... If you don't get things right people will leave and they may not come back.

Get your house in order. Right now I fell this game is a $70 one month wounder.

• worrix
    worrix
    Side note.... Some "bots" are people. I have run into a group of 3 or 4 that looked like there bots but you can tell someone is there and running all 4. There are apps to do this...... I am OK with that. if you can run and pay for 3-4 toons at one time. More power to you.
  • worrix
    worrix
    /rant off
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda like the idea of farming decon loot for crafting from public dungeon bosses. Please dont nerf this to solve the bot problem.
  • worrix
    worrix
    I kinda like the idea of farming decon loot for crafting from public dungeon bosses. Please dont nerf this to solve the bot problem.

I get plenty of decon loot from the standard mobs. even capping the named/quest mobs at every 1/2 hour will deter the exp and gold farmers.
  • worrix
    worrix
    Look at it like this.... We can hunt them ban them whatever. they will just keep coming back. I wager one bot likely pays for itself in 1/2 a day may take a day or more to catch them they will just buy a new key and come right back there making real money off this. If we have the bot's feel its not worth coming back less of them will.