The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds - we should be able to chose what mode we want to play

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
ZOS please give us the option to select what mode we want to play. It is not fair to randomly assign us to different gamemodes which are totally different.

I am sure that most of the people do not understand the issue here so I will give you an example:
Imagine if the PvE queue was not for dungeons but you can be assigned in trial, dungeon or arena and you cannot chose what you play. You cannot even chose what dungeon you enter. I know this sounds really unlogical but this is exactly what we have in battlegrounds right now.

Now let me explain why forced modes are not fun. First all modes are based on 3 teams and if 1 team does not want to follow the mechanics for the mode then the whole game is ruined. Also if not all people want to play objectives they destroy the fun of their teammates which leads to bad experience.

I know that people will say but there are not enough players for all this separation but then what is the point to play one mode get annoyed and rage leave? Is this fun?

Another option can be if all players can vote what mode they want to play. 12 people enter then we vote and weighted random based on the votes assign the mode that we play.

@ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider some improvements for the Battlegrounds.
Because I can!
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not going to happen. When they reintroduced group queues they stated the trade off was losing the ability to queue for a specific type of battleground.

So you can have random queue or we lose the ability to queue with friends.

They may revisit this down the line but I suspect it will be a while before they do

And yes we understand the problem. You want to queue for a deathmatch as do many others. Its great for those of us that play the objectives as while you are busy getting lots of kills we get the real win
    Edited by hafgood on April 9, 2021 7:30AM
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t you already do this? Or did they remove that option?

You used to be able to select which bg you wanted but you wouldn’t get any rewards just like when you select a specific dungeon.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, they need to force the frequency of deathmatch to be higher within matchmaking. It should at the very least occur 1/3 of the time, since it has its own leaderboard. I personally would like to play it nearly exclusively, but would be quite happy if they increase the frequency to 50%. Right now, it's extremely disheartening to want to play Deathmatch, but have to slog through a bunch of modes you don't like in the hopes of getting a deathmatch.

The alternative is players playing Deathmatch in objective modes, which ruins the experience for those who want to play the objective and try to win, but it's hard to blame them, when getting Deathmatch is so difficult.

ZOS can undoubtedly look at the data from when we could choose modes and see that Deathmatch was vastly more popular than the other modes. They need to put that knowledge of player preference to use, and make deathmatch more readily available.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be trivial to make a solo only deathmatch only queue, obviously without random bonuses. Then leave the other queues alone. That way all the people who want deathmatch only can stop ruining the experience for everyone else who actually enjoy doing the objectives.

People who are only there to kill players do sometimes let you do objectives easier but mostly they are a big nuisance. Especially when 2 of them hide right at spawn point and try to kill the same person over and over. There is no skill involved, and they are getting no personal points or team points especially in chaosball, so it is just griefing.

To the OP, I think a good analogy to queueing in BGs now, is imagine if you queue for a random dungeon and 1 or more people who join think everything is an XP grind so run ahead of the tank and everyone thinking they will stack everything in a corner to nuke but only spread the adds all over the place and make it take 2X longer to clear. Oh we don't have to imagine it that's how it is, but to be fair random dungeon is way better than current state of random BG.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, looks like they removed the option to let you choose a bg .
    Now it’s group or solo.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could probably just delete everything but Deathmatch from the group queue and leave the solo queue how it is. Do any premades care about anything besides Deathmatch?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could probably just delete everything but Deathmatch from the group queue and leave the solo queue how it is. Do any premades care about anything besides Deathmatch?

I'd be down with this solution, keep group queue for deathmatch only and then have solo queue work as it currently does. Either that or add custom lobbies (that doesn't give rewards obviously)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    A night of bgs usually looks like 80% objective modes that I hate and 19% objective modes I don't hate. 1% dm with teammates that clearly would rather run around and sit on flags.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This major patch there is one point for Battlegrounds in the Patch Notes. I guess we got the short stick again :smiley:
    Because I can!