Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

All NPC's Looking Down After Update

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
Why do all of the NPC's look down at the floor now after the update? They start off looking you in the eye then become very interested in your shoes. Happens in every zone, quite annoying. :( They don't look up again until the conversation is over with. Even the Merchants do this.

Q5FvHQe.jpg
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what did you do that none of the NPCs will meet your gaze?! :open_mouth:
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, they need to know thier place as below citizens.
    they are not human nor even living creatures.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirmed. Not all of them, but most of the ones not holding anything. It's been like this since U29. Not a fan of it, lol

4UYBWX1.jpg
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Submitted ticket #210322-004622
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also dealing with this since U29; thought they might fix it in the most recent patch, but there are bigger River Betties to roast I guess.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're not mad, they're just disappointed...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope this does not change.
    i really do love that they now do this.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I keep checking my fly to ensure I didn't leave the door open and that is why they are looking down, LOL!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The next time you run into this, could you give us an exact location or NPC name so we can check on our end? Thanks in advance!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can always pretend they look down in awe of my...
    My tail. Yes, my tail.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I was doing the main quest in Summerset yesterday and speaking with the Rightmaster. He kept looking at my shoes. Any NPC not holding anything I interact with will look down after speaking a few words and cross their arms. Josajeh will do this if she isn't holding anything as well as the Loremaster and Valsireen. It happens in all zones, AD, EP and DC with quests, Fighters Guild quest, Mages Guild quests, etc.

The only npc that didn't look at my shoes was Sotha Sil.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Sotha Sil is a god. This makes sense.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a reaction? OP did you ask them: "are you happy with the server performance?"
    Because I can!
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because when they heavy attack from stealth,they don't stun the enemy. :#
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno -- I think this affects all NPCs whenever they do the crossed arm emote while in dialogue. I've also noticed this since U29 was announced, but I never found the wherewithal to submit a bug report.

I had a few minutes to play during lunch today, and in just that time I had this happen with the moneylender in the Evermore Outlaws Refuge. Specifically, Cirorlin, when he gave me the dialogue that begins: "Once you ask us to store an item of yours..."
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they're also just depressed at the constant lowering of the ceiling?
    love is love
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that the guild trader NPCs in Elden Root were doing this as well.

PS4/NA
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palmur-dra, Temple of the Crescent Moon on Khenarthi's Roost. He was looking down while I was using his store.
    PC EU
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banker of Davon's Watch was looking down.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seravi wrote: »
    Why do all of the NPC's look down at the floor now after the update? They start off looking you in the eye then become very interested in your shoes. Happens in every zone, quite annoying. :( They don't look up again until the conversation is over with. Even the Merchants do this.

Q5FvHQe.jpg

Because they read the patch notes. LOL

I'm just waiting for the "shakes head slowly" emote.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on April 21, 2021 3:20PM