The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't start "Names of the Fallen" (Trolhetta Cave/The Rift) - No Amulet from dead Soldiers

Ugh_Tech
Ugh_Tech
✭✭✭✭
Title describes it all: after interacting with the dead soldier in Trolhetta Cave (or precisely: interacting with any dead pact soldier in that area with a "new-quest-marker") the quest "Names of the Fallen" is not triggered. There's also no amulett inserted into my inventory, which could be used to trigger it manually.

If it makes a difference: I've played that quest twice some time ago with pact-characters (Nord and Argonian) without any problems, this is the first time I'm playing in the Rift with a non-pact-character (Altmer).
Edited by Ugh_Tech on January 26, 2020 6:27PM
Gebt mir meinen charakterbasierten Fortschritt zurück!
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Additional technical information (if relevant): I'm playing on PC, EU-Server. Diabling addins does not solve the error.
    Edited by Ugh_Tech on January 27, 2020 5:21AM
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: The issue persist's with Update 25 and also effects other chars of mine (today I tried with a Bosmer Warden to start the quest).
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    one note, considering that I've had problems with this off and on, sometimes they change exactly how it is triggered. Check quest items, and see if there's one that you need to use. That sometimes is how I start it, whereas usually it's supposed to be a dialog without having to use the quest item.
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've googled bugs for that quest before, so I had an eye on my inventory - there is no (new) amulett that could have come from the dead soldier. But thanks anyway for the hint.
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, several months have passed and nothing has changed! Quest still can't be started with any of my characters.

@ZOS: how about a status message?
    Are you able to re-create the reported bug? Are you incestigating? Will it be fixed?
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh_Tech wrote: »
    Meanwhile, several months have passed and nothing has changed! Quest still can't be started with any of my characters.

@ZOS: how about a status message?
    Are you able to re-create the reported bug? Are you incestigating? Will it be fixed?

I believe you can pick up the amulet by killing soldiers in the cave/tunnel from the bottom of Trolhetta to the top and it will show up in your inventory. Have a vague memory of that happening to me. Not 100% positive, but it might be worth a try.
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I stated earlier, there is no new amulet picked up by my characters - there's no progress at all in any way. I can interact with the dead soldier a hundred times without any change; no amulet no message about a starting quest and 'new quest'-marker stays pointing to the corpse.

It also doesn't make a difference if I interact with any other of the dead soldiers lying around in Trolhetta, I tried them all with several chars.
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug report is now seven(!) months old, several patches and updates have been released and NOTHING happened!

No follow up questions, no status indication, not even a note, that this is under investigation in any way.
    The quest still doesn't start, no matter how often I trigger one of the dead soldiers.

ZOS, please either fix that quest or simply de-activate/remove it from the game. I know there's a lot more to do than fixing that quest, but seven months without any change or message is just ridiculous!
  • thelast111
    thelast111
    ✭✭
    I agree.
    I tried it again 2 days ago and the quest still won't start.

At least put it on a to-do list or something.
  • Cytherion
    Cytherion
    Broken for me as well disabled all addons cannot retrieve quest trigger item from body with triangle over it to start the quest.
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cytherion wrote: »
    Broken for me as well disabled all addons cannot retrieve quest trigger item from body with triangle over it to start the quest.

Please check your inventory AND bank for the pact amulett - that's where I had accidently stored it with one character which blocked the quest for all my other chars.
    Edited by Ugh_Tech on April 6, 2021 5:35PM
  • chrisw_63_ESO
    chrisw_63_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh_Tech wrote: »
    Please check your inventory AND bank for the pact amulett - that's where I had accidently stored it with one character which blocked the quest for all my other chars.

That was it!!! Thank you!

Same thing happened to me.. the last three characters I ran through The Rift quests, I couldn't figure out what the quest markers on the dead guys were for. Finally decided to look it up this time, and bam.. sure enough, there was a Pact Amulet in my bank.
  • Ugh_Tech
    Ugh_Tech
    ✭✭✭✭
    This could easily avoided if that amulett would be classified as quest item - not sure why it is not.