The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alliance Locked No-CP 30 Day Campaign

megasurge93
megasurge93
✭✭✭
It would be nice if another campaign can be added after the upcoming patch that is an Alliance Locked No-CP 30 Day Campaign. I think this will be helpful for a lot of players who are quite low on CP still and get very discouraged from going into PvP. The current No-CP 30 Day that is not Alliance Locked also makes for less enjoyment because of all those who quickly switch from one faction to another, hence the specific ask of this campaign being Alliance Locked. Or just make Ravenwatch Alliance Locked since few are in it anyway.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would seem that if the current no-CP campaign isn’t heavily populated that it wouldn’t make sense to add another — unless players prioritize Alliance-lock over the No-CP option. Either way, I certainly wouldn’t mind Ravenwatch being Alliance-locked.
  • megasurge93
    megasurge93
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Alliance Locked Ravenwatch would be just fine as well.
    "Illusion is the first of all pleasures." ~Oscar Wilde
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I beg to differ. Sure people change to characters on other factions but a lot will move to the underdog faction if they have a low pop bonus active or if one faction is dominating the map. It’s really only the bad/mediocre players switching to the dominant faction to get carried.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Pattceht
    Pattceht
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I beg to differ. Sure people change to characters on other factions but a lot will move to the underdog faction if they have a low pop bonus active or if one faction is dominating the map. It’s really only the bad/mediocre players switching to the dominant faction to get carried.

On the EU blackreach server there's a number of good blue and red players which regularly switch sides and even don't attack one another when they come in to contact. There's even a discord where the coordinate movement. I don't think this is the way the game is intended to be played. If it was locked there would be less incentive for them to do this, at least id hope so...
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 alliance locked Raven. Desperately needed.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    No more campaigns. No need to further split the playerbase....
    Pattceht wrote: »

On the EU blackreach server there's a number of good blue and red players which regularly switch sides and even don't attack one another when they come in to contact. There's even a discord where the coordinate movement. I don't think this is the way the game is intended to be played. If it was locked there would be less incentive for them to do this, at least id hope so...

Some people have unspoken "I won't hit you, you don't hit me" agreements with players on other factions. But frankly, these guys have zero intention on doing anything map related. They're just there fight. Frankly, faction lock wouldn't even change that. Most of the people I have that "unspoken agreement" with, we haven't ever even spoken (or barely spoken).

I also highly doubt these players are "coordinating movements" across factions. Sounds like a wild conspiracy.

But again, these guys don't care about your keep. So who cares? Faction lock isn't changing that.
  • Zmeigo_Rinich
    Zmeigo_Rinich
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, alliance-locked no CP campaign would be very well
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    +1 to 30-day, no-cp, faction locked.
    Edited by Sedare38 on April 29, 2021 6:47PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +2
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree

GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Alliane lock has pros and cons. For loyalty and dedication to a faction, it would be good if players would not hop over with a "I always look for the simple solution" mentality. We need also players to get the difficult job done. But on the other hand we also need to have some balance, to prevent empty factions exploiting the low pop bonus. Then I would propose a partly alliance lock. Why not have have periodic lock for e.g. 1 or 2 days?
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if another campaign can be added after the upcoming patch that is an Alliance Locked No-CP 30 Day Campaign. I think this will be helpful for a lot of players who are quite low on CP still and get very discouraged from going into PvP. The current No-CP 30 Day that is not Alliance Locked also makes for less enjoyment because of all those who quickly switch from one faction to another, hence the specific ask of this campaign being Alliance Locked. Or just make Ravenwatch Alliance Locked since few are in it anyway.

Why does people switching alliances make it not fun?
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pattceht wrote: »

That is false they STILL would not attack each other. I have said this before Alliance Locked campaigns are bad for pvp, because when greyhost becomes populated and you can't get in due to it being Alliance Locked, you have to struggle to find a fight in the other campaigns which at various times are just plain dead.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, I would prefer a 7 day Alliance locked - no proc set campaign due to the fact that once the emp is made it is almost impossible for deserving players to pass him AP score wise.