The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will you "grind" the new Endeavor System for CROWN Crates?

NeeScrolls
NeeScrolls
✭✭✭✭
Sorta surprised this news wasn't already posted here in 'Crown Store' section but for those of you who haven't already seen this big announcement here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/569895/official-discussion-thread-for-introducing-endeavors-a-new-way-to-acquire-crown-crate-items/p1 ... i was just wondering how much (or how little) this might motivate players.

And, if there's a certain Crown Store item (mount or whatever) that'll make this potential new "grind" worth it.

Will you "grind" the new Endeavor System for CROWN Crates? 99 votes

Yes for sure!
22% 22 votes
No way ugh!
11% 11 votes
Sort of, but just by playing like i always do.
66% 66 votes
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, no plans to change how I play the game to focus on this... :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may be more active in the Endeavor quests at first, but it'll soon get down to just picking them up as I go.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems a LOT like the daily/weekly rewards system to get "atoms" (read: crowns/gems) for the "atom shop" (crown or crate shop) that Fallout 76 uses.

Granted, 76 only uses one currency for this (that I know of), and they have a much slower rotation, but the principles seem similar.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh ...
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Nee! Yes, this system will get me out there doing more daily quests, as there needs to be some sort of reward that is worth it for me to do them. I’ll be doing this along with the imperial city daily and hopefully the reach daily for some wayward guardian motif pages!
    Argonian Master Race
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That depends in it will be "worth it". Too early to say really.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will grind but when have time for this, it will affect my priorities in game, but not in life :)

I'm just curious one thing - how much I can get after full week, getting maximum rewards from daily and weekly tasks.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not? I'll choose stuff I'd do anyway but I'll def be doing it every day I do play. I've been wishing for a way to get crown store items without having to spend real money to buy crowns. I mean if I have cash to spare that's fine but often I don't so I'm glad to see this being added.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably won't change things up too much, but sure, if the goals aren't too unreasonable, I'll do some grinding for them.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will grind it as long as it isn't too grindy. I do my writs everyday, I do IC dailies once a week and that's it. If it's anything more than something like this I'll probably pass. I'm not really into grinding Cyrodiil quests or Undaunted for example.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll do an extra task a time or two, maybe even for a time each day for a limited amount of time (here thinking of looking for certain antiquity leads) but that is the extent to which I “grind” for anything. Some feel of work or effort can make a reward feel more satisfying, but I never go so far as to make the game feel like drudgery.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the examples of activities, there won't be much of a grind at all. It's just a daily log in reward with a slight speedbump involved. If you log in every day, you can spend what appears to be a couple of minutes knocking off your endeavor then back to whatever you were doing before.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just read UESP's preview of Blackwood post over on reddit and apparently you do not buy the crates with the seals. You buy the items directly just like you would with gems. Which is also really what the official article about it says.

So your question makes no sense. The closest I can come is, will I do the endeavors? Probably. Especially if it pertains doing a little bit more of something I'm doing anyway. Like if the daily is "do two dungeons" and I'm already eyeing the RNDs? Then yeah that might be the push I would need to be doing that on that specific day. Or not, if I don't feel like it.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

So your question makes no sense.

Yeah that's why i put the word grind in the title in "quotes" . B)

But np, i hear ya and i suppose it could've been a bit more specific or clear.

Edited by NeeScrolls on April 15, 2021 8:07PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh heck yeah I will, whatever grinding is necessary to earn max Seals.
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will depend a lot on the weekly/monthly cap and what the time invested will be.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends a lot on what exactly is required and how much you have to do to get worthwhile rewards. If it's too much hassle then I won't bother, aside from ones I might complete by coincidence while playing normally. If it's worth doing then I'll put some time into it when I'm in between other activities or want something short to complete.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely when I have time.
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    That announcement was unexpected... First, my body won't let me say anything bad against cosmetics coming out of gamble crates and being put in game, so that's a win for players.

Whether i'll do it actually is more interesting.. see i've already spent 3-4 years doing the same thing in swtor by grinding dailies to pay for gtn spares. For eso...

- I like eso as a glorified single player game because i play other games now too. This is a hard rock to crack, but if anything is going to raise my daily play time more than i naturally want.. its cosmetics. Sounds lame doesn't it?
    - Doubly lame.. now that its going away, i have to admit that the exclusivity from crates being taken off (and the price of gambling entry) actually mattered. Each mount is more desirable because of its limited shelf life.
    - I have a feeling its going to be 100% like it ends up now.. does your character need a mount to match the rest of their look? If there's an aspiration that fits the look, yes, probably no just for the sake of it. I have about 4-5 mounts i consider amazing, but i don't use them all, turns out fitting the character is much more important.

Maybe. But then i wouldn't have time to play anything else.

But don't let me get you down.. making daily challenges for premium cosmetics tokens is the best idea ever, even if it is a grind, and nothing but praise should come for the change.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect for me it will be a lot like how Guild Was 2 allows you to get 1 black lion key (basically 1 crown crate) per week by doing the first part of the story on a new character, which typically takes me about an hour. I don't do it every week and even if I did it wouldn't be enough to get everything from the loot boxes (even though they usually only have 2-3 exclusive items, the rest are tradable) but every so often I'll feel like running a character through the story, then I save the keys for when there's something I want and it's allowed me to get a few items I'd otherwise miss out on.

I could see this system being similar. Maybe some weeks I'll do nothing, or only complete 1-2 minor endeavours by coincidence because it's what I was going to do anyway. Other weeks there will be something I decide I want to do because it sounds interesting or I'll feel like playing ESO and have no particular goals in mind and then I'll do more, and over time I can save it up and periodically get something I like from the crates.

I'm not expecting to be able to get everything even from a single crate season, but as there's usually only a few things I want that's fine with me.

What will be interesting for me is seeing how it affects my activity in festivals and special events like Midyear Mayhem. Before event tickets were introduced I rarely bothered with these, then I did them a lot to get all the indriks. Now the indriks are gone and none of the new rewards appeal to me that much but I've kept doing a bit of each festival just in case (I've got 1 morpholith and enough fragments for another one, in case I want the mount or house), but unless festivals are included in endeavours (e.g. one is 'complete a New Life quest') it's very unlikely I'll have time for both, so I'll have to choose which to focus on. Of course it will depend on what's available from festival rewards, but it will be interesting for me to see which system ends up being better.

(I was going to say maybe ZOS could combine the two - so instead of certain activities rewarding event tickets they just have event themed endeavours and then the event ticket items are bought with seals, but that would be counter-productive because it would allow people to save up seals from other times of the year and get all the event rewards without actually participating in the events.)
    Edited by Danikat on April 16, 2021 8:55AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If endeavours can be earned by stuff I already like doing, then yes, but I won't go out of my way for it, there's already too much grinding in this game, I don't want to do it for cosmetics as well, and I think that farming gold will be easier still to get crates, via gifting.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the sounds of it they’ve done a pretty thorough job to make grinding for the stuff impractical, in which case I say great stuff. I’ll just play the game do I always do these things will slowly rock up, then every now and then I can splurge. The whales can still pour cash into the crown crates. This sounds like one of the best ideas they’ve ever added to the game, top marks
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really interested in the stuff from the crown crates anyway, but I will probably do it as some side-activity from time to time (if it's not too boring).
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    meh ...

I am persuaded by this most compelling of arguments.
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    If something catches my eye, sure I'll try to get it. Otherwise I'll play like how I normally do.
    they/them/theirs
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is something I want, yes. If not, whatever I get adventuring.