The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How about start fixing some other things?

Kwoung
Kwoung
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since fixing lag seems to be out the window, how about at least fix some of the other glaring bugs or annoyances that have plagued us forever? These sort of things, while not "the elephant in the room", also play a large role in ticking off and frustrating people.

My person vote, fix the in-combat bug. Just make it so if you have not hit or been hit in 10 seconds, you are out of combat. And drop this whole combat from groupmates thing. Seriously, a group member running past a wolf halfway across the map... should not be putting me in combat, nevermind getting me stuck there and unable to mount for an hour. The whole infinite status effect is a close second. I would have burned to ashes long ago if I was actually on fire that long.

There are a ton of other things like this, that fixing while we wait on lag fix, would completely improve the Cyrodiil experience in the meantime.
Edited by Kwoung on April 15, 2021 2:04AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, stuck in combat. I don't know if there will ever be a fix for that. At this point I'm expecting a casual mention about it in ESO Live along with some chuckling, like they did with running on top of your mount. That way, it's a just a funny little game quirk that gives the game character in ZOS's world.

Since it seems clear that it possible can't be fixed, how about just letting us mount "in-combat"? Stop checking for that all together. There is already a mechanic to knock a mounted person off with enough damage and stun them, so if someone tries to mount in real combat, they'll just get stunned.

While we're thinking of annoyances, why can I charge a glyph in combat but can't equip a poison? Why can I not equip a potion in combat, isn't that when it would be really handy to be able to do so?

Why is a guild tabard still something that turns 90% of the armor under it into a black turtleneck? Why do we still have tabards that are massive blankets completely covering the largest, most detailed piece of armor you could want to show?

Why are we dismounted at inner keeps but not outposts?

Why are we warned about becoming a "large group" when grouping in Cyrodiil? Is there Cyrodiil 4-person content to be aware of?

• EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering why ZOS is thinking about anything other than fixing some of these performance issues that plague ESO and have for years. Lag being the main one. Lag is what is causing so many issues relating to performance.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean stuck in combat is now going to be a feature with the new sets they are adding lol.

But honestly i'd rather they fix streak bug and player desyncs 1st. I guess we can hope with yet another year spent on performance and no pvp features (confirmed in Q&A) there's going to soon be no performance issues at all, its been 5+ years after all.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and my stamina recovery still drops to zero sometimes. That's always fun.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

That's likely the streak bug causing your sprinting to be stuck on (and not work). Which also then stops you casting skills.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on April 15, 2021 4:48PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that one is caused by the game thinking that you are sprinting/blocking/sneaking. If it hits you again try going in and out of stealth, blocking for a few seconds, and sprinting for a few seconds to see if it clears up.

If that doesn't work try opening up the crown store, for some reason that clears many weird bugs.

And if that doesn't work try dying and rezing to see if its gets cleared.

And if that doesn't work, try going into a delve/cheesemonger's hollow.

Man I feel like tech support.

EDIT: I forgot a big one. Heavy attack with a lightning or resto staff sometimes clears up that bug too.
    Edited by Greasytengu on April 15, 2021 6:28PM
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's likely the streak bug causing your sprinting to be stuck on (and not work). Which also then stops you casting skills.

I think that one is caused by the game thinking that you are sprinting/blocking/sneaking. If it hits you again try going in and out of stealth, blocking for a few seconds, and sprinting for a few seconds to see if it clears up.

If that doesn't work try opening up the crown store, for some reason that clears many weird bugs.

Good tips. I've tried dying, to no avail. Stealth didn't work, as I recall. I haven't tried the others and usually just settle for relogging.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good tips. I've tried dying, to no avail. Stealth didn't work, as I recall. I haven't tried the others and usually just settle for relogging.

Thats always the very last thing I want to try... it's a 50/50 chance you get booted out of Cyro and have to re-queue for another 30 min to an hour to get back in.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "in combat bug" is the worst, the most frustrating.

It must be something they can't fix because thousands of complaints have been made with no effect.

It "seems" simple enough to make the game drop you out of combat 10 seconds after you hit anything, but apparently it isn't, either that, or the developers have some perverse unexplained reasoning for why the game is this way.

It's bad enough to spend 35% of game time riding around on a horse to get to a battle. Jogging there (because you are stuck "in combat") is adding insult to injury.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These extremely common pvp bugs need to get addressed and fixed. Pvpers are frequently stuck in combat oftentimes having to walk from keep to keep and we are even stuck in combat sitting at the gate turning in our quests.

We all get infinite debuffs such as burning, Major maim, Major vulnerability, streak, Major Breach, etc that last for 49710 days and they do affect our combat capabilities. We often get desync problems, you can be at full health one moment and be purging non-stop and all of a sudden die of 10 ticks of oil damage in an instant.

These problems and bugs need to be fixed along with the lag. The pvp population is dwindling rapidly and more and more pvp guilds on all sides seem to be disbanding as there doesn't seem to be any transparency or fixes whatsoever on the horizon.

These problems must be addressed for the health of the pvp community!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by SimonThesis on April 15, 2021 8:23PM
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Thats always the very last thing I want to try... it's a 50/50 chance you get booted out of Cyro and have to re-queue for another 30 min to an hour to get back in.

Gotta force quit the game. Open up task manager right click on ESO and select 'end task', should have a much better chance of not getting booted.

If you are in a group, try to get them to kick you. I dont know why, but it seems to help some.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Gotta force quit the game. Open up task manager right click on ESO and select 'end task', should have a much better chance of not getting booted.

If you are in a group, try to get them to kick you. I dont know why, but it seems to help some.

Oh I know to kill the game from task manager and not simply log out. That's where the 50/50 chance is for me. If you simply log out it's more like a 100% chance you get booted from Cyro and have to re-queue, if you and your friends have enough time to wait, which generally isn't the case, so you are pretty much hosed when it happens.

Will try the boot from group thing, that's simple enough, we are a guild group.
    Edited by Kwoung on April 15, 2021 8:27PM