The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are Classes included with any purchase of ESO?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hey! Sorry if the title isn't 100% clear. A family member of mine (okay, my mom lol) wants to try ESO, but I was wondering, do any of the editions on Steam include the classes? Or do they have to be bought separately now?

I have always bought the chapters via preorder, so I always got the classes (warden and necro) But now we're introducing a new player to the fold and she was most interested in the Warden class.
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

Best Answer

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    AFAIK, Warden and Necromancer must be purchased separately in the Crown Store. I don't think Warden comes with the base game plus Morrowind, although I'm not certain about that.

The base game now includes the Morrowind chapter, not just the zone, so it includes the Warden class.

The Warden class is in the crown store only for the segment of players who bought the base game before mid-2018 (when Morrowind the chapter was integrated into the base game) but who never bought Morrowind when it was a chapter.
    Answer ✓
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind like the standard addition of game includes warden. I know this after buying third account.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind like the standard addition of game includes warden. I know this after buying third account.

So if she bought the ESO; Greymoor with the base game and all the chapters Greymoor and earlier, she should get Warden?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, Warden and Necromancer must be purchased separately in the Crown Store. I don't think Warden comes with the base game plus Morrowind, although I'm not certain about that.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard bundle = Base Game, Morrowind, Warden Class
    Collection Bundle = Base Game, All Chapters but excluding the current year's, Warden and Necromancer classes
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden comes with the base game Morrowind. If you buy Greymoor which includes the previous chapters it will also include the Necro from the Elsweyr chapter. If you buy Elsweyr in game with crowns then Necro is a separate purchase.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh thanks guys~ Mom's gonna be happy once she gets done downloading hahah.
    She was really interested in the Warden class the most. Now I just gotta decide which class I want my 'mom character' to be.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    She bought the version with the base game and all chapters from Greymoor back, but she wasn't big on the necromancer haha.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    She bought the version with the base game and all chapters from Greymoor back, but she wasn't big on the necromancer haha.

But... but... they are the life of the party. Mainly dead parties, but a quibble, that is. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She was really interested in the Warden class the most. Now I just gotta decide which class I want my 'mom character' to be.

I would sh you guys happy adventures. Also khajitt is good idea for race
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

But... but... they are the life of the party. Mainly dead parties, but a quibble, that is. :smile:

Lol don't worry, I might end up playing a necro, cause I haven't played them much and I kinda want to, they look fun.

I would sh you guys happy adventures. Also khajitt is good idea for race

Thank you~ Yeah I dunno what race she's gonna go with, possibly Argonian or one of the human races, but she might go kitty, who knows! I'll just make sure that whatever she picks, we're in the same faction so if we go to Cyro or whatever we won't have any issues.