The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I prevent mudballs being thrown at me?

marshill88
marshill88
✭✭✭✭
I notice some players say "Invalid target" when trying to throw mud on them. How do you prevent mud slinging on you? Thank you!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Roll-dodge, or Dodge-roll

LoS

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they're using a merchant or something similar they aren't targetable.
    PC NA
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll-dodge, or Dodge-roll

LoS

To my testing, roll dodge doesn't work (edit: it USED to). LOS only matters at time of throwing. You can run away from them and get out of their 28 meter range though.

I've noticed it's interactions, OP. It's 50 50 if the crown store window prevents it, and I know for fact they made the dye stations prevent mudballing because of trolls.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on March 29, 2021 3:55PM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find a guard costume from your quests and wear it most won’t target you because you get a bounty for mud balling a guard
  • Diva_Naoko
    Diva_Naoko
    ✭✭
    Wear shabby. They like to throw mudballs at ppl who look gorgeous bkz they have invested time and gold in their outfit customization.
    Also, if you are talking to an npc or using a crafting table for example, you can't be targeted. If you're mounted, you can be targeted but it won't dismount you or force you into the yakh animation.

IMO, throwable articles like mudballs and pies should be made to only work during their respective festivals (New Life and Jesters). Player harassment using these is an ongoing thing and there are many posts about it. ZOS claims to be serious about it, but they do nothing.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XD8Dp2T.png
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who steal treasure chests often get mud-balled...so don't steal!
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »

It is not stealing.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

It is not stealing.

Technically, no. But if I'm fighting the mobs that normally guard a node or a treasure chest, and you swoop in there and grab it while I'm making the node/chest safe to grab, I'm going to mudball you once and then move on to the next node. Not because you "stole" something I didn't own yet, but because I think you are a jerk and I want to make my displeasure known.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

It is not stealing.

Technically, no. But if I'm fighting the mobs that normally guard a node or a treasure chest, and you swoop in there and grab it while I'm making the node/chest safe to grab, I'm going to mudball you once and then move on to the next node. Not because you "stole" something I didn't own yet, but because I think you are a jerk and I want to make my displeasure known.

Now I wish I had kept more mudballs :)
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »
    Now I wish I had kept more mudballs :)
    Buy a rune box with memento, costs not much, gives you infinite number of mudballs

• fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accept your share of mudballs with grace and humour. They show that you have been noticed, and do not hurt
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    Accept your share of mudballs with grace and humour. They show that you have been noticed, and do not hurt

^^So much this^^ Mudballs are such a minor thing to get upset about, IMO. Lately, I wish I could play the game long enough to get hit by a mudball but I keep getting disconnected.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneak or tp to avoid the annoying player. But I find it quite fun, plus I like the attention.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • jacktalkthai
    jacktalkthai
    ✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    Agreed. I haven't gotten mudballed in awhile but I would always thank them for noticing me out of so many others. I put time into making my Templar look cool.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mudball right back...takes the sting away from my frail and hurt lil ego and its fun af ...i keep my mudballs at the ready in one of my q slots
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found that some mud ballers seem to get annoyed and leave after getting a crown of flowers in return for their efforts.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%