The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please help me understand how to scry

Sega4life
Sega4life
✭✭
So I have the skill line and I completed the mini quest.... I travelled to artaeum and went to my journal to antiquities. I tried to find faded psijic folio it’s in green lettering. I found a dig site. I could not dig and there was another player on the dig site. I tried to dig and suddenly it said I had 4/5 antiquarian insight. When I go back to click on faded psijic folio, I also get the error message, “ you have already required max progress for the antiquity.”! I didn’t even get to dig or use the eye again so I don’t know why I got this message......
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't manage to connect all of the glowy nodes in time when doing the scrying mini game, it will create multiple "dig" sites, with only one of them actually letting you dig. Once you find the real dig site, it will let you dig. The rest are basically just busywork points, to waste time.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For most people this is obvious, yet i say it, since i did level the whole skillline and the dwemer mount without this knowledge.

If you slot the "eye" in your quick acces (where usualy the potions are) you can use it as soon as your in the area of the digsite, it will show the direction of the exact location.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't manage to connect all of the glowy nodes in time when doing the scrying mini game, it will create multiple "dig" sites, with only one of them actually letting you dig. Once you find the real dig site, it will let you dig. The rest are basically just busywork points, to waste time.

It sounds like this is what happened.

Look on your map and you should see another area where you can find a dig site. Go there, use the the eye in the Tools menu to locate the exact spot and when you find the dig site you'll be able to dig up the antiquity.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    Thank you guys!! This is most helpful! 😊
  • JARTHEGREY
    JARTHEGREY
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add a little to this - with regards to 'multiple dig sites'. If you do end up with multiple dig sites - it's not all bad since digging those up will give you a 'treasure' worth 40 Gold (usually?). Not a huge amount but every little helps.

Personally if I'm on 'scrying duty' I tend to not connect all the nodes thereby getting at least a few extra dig sites from where I can pick up a bit of treasure. Most of the dig sites are close to wayshrines so getting to the area is not usually a problem (just actually finding the sites).