Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player - are bow/bow builds still a thing?

Essavias
Essavias
✭✭✭
Haven't played for over a year, and looking to start a new character with sort or ranger/archer fantasy. I remember, that bow/bow stamden was an alright choice back then, how does it look now? I'm mainly playing solo and looking to solo as much as possible - arenas, regular/vet dungeons. Not interested in trials and pvp at all.

Any insight will be appreciated!
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some say StamDen is the strongest SOLO option this patch. But I am sure they didn't mean BowBow. :-)

I have been enjoying a StamSorc as a BowBow lately, but I do not take into Group or PvP play. It is generally frowned upon to be a Bow Build, these days. By me too.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have a bow/bow stamsorc. Very fun, good damage, a little squishy but no regrets.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go for it, bow builds have gotten relatively stronger since the last update. If not for the extra lag for so many people when weaving light attacks, archer builds would be more common.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would stay away from necro and templar, because they either have no access to Major Brutality and/or Major Breach or need to go out of their way to do one/both.
    Nightblade technically has them, but will be reduced to under 8 metres distance.

Generally you should look into your characters Penetration. 9100 for Overland is the target. 18200 for World/Dungeon Bosses. I find that this is the highest hurdle to jump with BowBuilds.

Dragonknight could work, there are potentially sweet synergies there. But I haven't seen any good build, yet.

Ah and look into being a werewolf for those passives and a panic button.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 13, 2021 2:53PM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Essavias
    Essavias
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all for replies. Played with skill calc a bit, and it seems that bow stamsorc seems to be the more optimal for me. Will give it a shot.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/566193/0/

Someone just put up a video of a bow/bow Stamplar build yesterday.
    Edited by driosketch on April 13, 2021 4:47PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●