The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When can we expect the Update 30 Combat Preview?

Firstmep
Firstmep
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno As the title says, with the pts right around the corner and the preview server supposedly up and running, it would be nice to know what we have coming.
Needless to say the cp rework and everything that came with it brought out a lot of issues, I'm hoping for some class balance, but I'd settle for proc set rework or rebalance as well.
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    April 19 I imagine, when the first PTS is supposed to drop. And yeah, it's been a while since classes were addressed, and it's really starting to show. After the no-proc stunt, I'm a little wary of ZOS "adjusting" procs, I think I'd settle for a Malacath nerf. Don't know how it escaped under the radar when pretty much every Major/Minor buff got the axe and Crit got it twice.
    Edited by Sangwyne on April 12, 2021 9:15PM
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf malacath? So BGs become infected like cyrodill with magSorcs and stamNBs nuking everything down? No. Let’s get classes up to par with one another first while no-proc Cyrodill is still around.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We still have MANY item sets and player abilities that are drastically under-tuned as a result of the Major/Minor buff nerfs.

Those nerfs were made in a vacuum and the affected sets/skills were never compensated for the immense "power budget" loss.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    Nerf malacath? So BGs become infected like cyrodill with magSorcs and stamNBs nuking everything down? No. Let’s get classes up to par with one another first while no-proc Cyrodill is still around.

Malacath will always be a problem. Crit still has a counter to it's damage and it was also nerfed.

Wardens, necros, and dks seem to rule cyro atm. PCNA.
    Edited by Ryuvain on April 13, 2021 11:39AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »

Malacath will always be a problem. Crit still has a counter to it's damage and it was also nerfed.

Wardens, necros, and dks seem to rule cyro atm. PCNA.

Sorcs and nbs get the minor crit buff, which wasn't nerfed and ofc shadowy disguise is a thing.
    IMHO templars were hit the hardest with the crit nerf, as they can't easily make up for the loss, and their crit dmg passive is that weaker as a result.
    My ranged magplar had 50%crit last patch, now it's 40%, that's a huge dropoff.
    Malacath does need to be reignein, but I think the crit nerfs were still too harsh.
    Look at wardens, they get a bunch of increased dmg modifiers and generally have good dmg thru shalks, also get minor vuln and berserk built into their kit, so ofc they were less affected by the crit nerf as well.
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭

This is why we need pve and pvp separated. Skills and item sets buffed in pve and nerfed in PvP. When the developers nerf anything, they are hurting average Joe player base which is about 80 percent of the player base....no dps / damage / heals for us.

Skill damage feels like a wet noodle to average Joe casual player. It’s part of the reason why people are leaving due to the constant changes. I’m not here to play twitch finger online, I just want to play the game while watching full animations. Watch npcs burn and scream in agony! However, the damage was taken away since Horrorwind patch was released. The old petsorc build kept a lot of players happy and it worked.

With cp 2.0, the devs gutted us once again. You have to choose between damage or survival especially at lower cp levels. The old 800 to 900 cp player is not the same now. It’s basically 400 cp all over again or less. You need to be between 1500 to 2000 cp under the new cp to be at the old 900 cp range.

The devs need to change the new cp tree. Instead of putting 50 point into something, just make the max 25 points, etc. People play games to escape from the daily grind. Nobody wants a second job in the evening. Average Joe wants to feel like a god when leveled up to 50. Kill stuff! We will never learn twitch finger mechanics. Put damage back into skills !!! Only nerf it in PVP. Make sure any skill or combination of two skills give a base of 20k damage. Weaving LA will not go away, but it should not make up more then 1 to 5 percent of the damage. Put damage back into skills!