The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frost Cloak and Molten Weapons, allies vs grouped allies

HowellQagan
HowellQagan
✭✭✭
How come I can't share an offensive buff (Molten Weapons) with non-grouped allies on my DK (that is not even working as advertised, mind you), yet anyone, me included, can go around trolling on their Warden and share a defensive buff (Frost Cloak) with people, applying icicles on their armor?
That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is that if a set or skill only buffs group but not allies, I won't touch it. Dumped Barrier when it changed. Ground up Earthgore and Winter's Respite when they changed. Honestly, if I can't support random allies that show up during a WB or dolmen/harrowstorm/geyser/dragon or a newb struggling in a public dungeon, I ain't usin' it. In this regard, the game is not moving in a good direction. I've already retired my tank and gone from 90% solo to +95% solo. If it continues, I'll retire my healer and go to 100% solo.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because DK is a relic of a forgotten age where classes were held to much stricter standards. Not particularly surprised to see the skill doesn't even work, must have been broken for a while. I'd imagine it will get fixed sometime between "soon" (TM), never, and whenever ZOS gets around to fixing the bug where Ardent Flame abilities speed enemies up instead of slowing them down. Literally the only class that can buff enemies, but can't even make our ally buffs work. Can only shake my head and laugh at this point.
    Edited by Sangwyne on April 12, 2021 9:24PM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sangwyne wrote: »
    Because DK is a relic of a forgotten age where classes were held to much stricter standards. Not particularly surprised to see the skill doesn't even work, must have been broken for a while. I'd imagine it will get fixed sometime between "soon" (TM), never, and whenever ZOS gets around to fixing the bug where Ardent Flame abilities speed enemies up instead of slowing them down. Literally the only class that can buff enemies, but can't even make our ally buffs work. Can only shake my head and laugh at this point.

It's not a bug, it's intended. One of the attempts to reduce lag in pvp, no more out of group buffing.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    @Sangwyne Not really, it used to buff everyone, they restricted it later on.
    Everstorm wrote: »

It's not a bug, it's intended. One of the attempts to reduce lag in pvp, no more out of group buffing.

@Everstorm If that were the case, they would have restricted Warden's Frost Cloak along with Molten Weapons... They didn't.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.