The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Eso Collection question

TheImperfect
TheImperfect
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like to get my Husband the Eso collection as he hasn't played for a long time and only has the base game and maybe a dlc or two. The collection says it comes with the base game and the newer chapters. Will it just apply to his existing steam account with his original characters or will it create a new account from base game? I don't want to get the wrong thing. It's on steam.
Thanks in advance.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It adds to his Steam linked ESO account if you log in to ESO's website with the same ESO account credentials and purchase it from there. You can't buy it on Steam since Steam doesn't allow it as he already owns the base game included in the collection.

All content in the collection will be added to his ESO account, not Steam so it won't appear in his library, but it's there when he logs into the game.
    Edited by oddbasket on January 31, 2021 2:19AM
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »
    It adds to his Steam linked ESO account if you log in to ESO's website with the same ESO account credentials and purchase it from there. You can't buy it on Steam since Steam doesn't allow it as he already owns the base game included in the collection.

All content in the collection will be added to his ESO account, not Steam so it won't appear in his library, but it's there when he logs into the game.

Many thanks for your help ❤️. He wants to wait until June, he likes the idea of companions so we can do dungeons together with the companions if that's how it works.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so I have made a mistake. I didn't refer to this thread and purchased the collection as a gift for him in steam. I was tired after work and thought that was what I was meant to do.
    Is there any way to fix this please? He hasn't logged in yet as his PC is not currently able to run ESO.
    He would want to play with his existing account and characters.
    Please advise.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might have to contact steam to get it sorted out. I don't use steam myself, so I really don't know how they're set up for contact, but there should be a knowledge base or help section somewhere.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    You might have to contact steam to get it sorted out. I don't use steam myself, so I really don't know how they're set up for contact, but there should be a knowledge base or help section somewhere.

Thankyou, I'll take a look.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you!
    Options