Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frustration over Vateshran's Chosen Achievement

Arbit
Arbit
✭✭✭✭
I made better time than usual, got every boon buff without doing any secret bosses, and still my 45 min timer went off mid final boss fight. I looked in dismay at the timer as I had 5 mins going into the final boss fight, and knew I wasn't going to get the title. I ended up dying on the final boss one time, so I guess no sense being upset over something like that, but my real disheartening is that the time limit, will stop me from ever getting this achievement. I made great time, did minimal exploring for buffs and sprinted the entire thing when I could. Ik people do it, and even complained about how easy it was, but to me, who has a flawless conquerer title as well, this one is and will be much tougher because I don't have the ultimate leet dps to clear it in time. I just find it sad that the devs added this stipulation to the title. After said death, I finished off the run at 58 mins. I don't know if I can get this title, because of this.
Argonian Master Race
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »
    I made better time than usual, got every boon buff without doing any secret bosses, and still my 45 min timer went off mid final boss fight. I looked in dismay at the timer as I had 5 mins going into the final boss fight, and knew I wasn't going to get the title. I ended up dying on the final boss one time, so I guess no sense being upset over something like that, but my real disheartening is that the time limit, will stop me from ever getting this achievement. I made great time, did minimal exploring for buffs and sprinted the entire thing when I could. Ik people do it, and even complained about how easy it was, but to me, who has a flawless conquerer title as well, this one is and will be much tougher because I don't have the ultimate leet dps to clear it in time. I just find it sad that the devs added this stipulation to the title. After said death, I finished off the run at 58 mins. I don't know if I can get this title, because of this.

I got my first spirit slayer on heavy attack magplar, not exactly leet dps material, altho it's very comfortable.
    Are you skipping every add pack possible between bosses?
    You can skip almost all the add in the arena even without sneaking, many of them have surprisingly low aggro range.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

I got my first spirit slayer on heavy attack magplar, not exactly leet dps material, altho it's very comfortable.
    You can skip almost all the add in the arena even without sneaking, many of them have surprisingly low aggro range.

Every pack that's not forced ya save 1.
    Argonian Master Race
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think I skip almost all packs, including the ones around the wounding portals.

Tbh I also did spirit slayer run just by pulling everything to the minibosses and just aoe them down.
    So I'm dunno then, where do you see yourself losing a lot of time? You said you had 5 minutes going into the last bossfight but finished at 58 minutes?
    That's very long.. On the last boss you can ignore most mechanics if you have enough dps(I think you need like 20k or for that).
    Also killimg the minibosses inside the portal as fast as possible is key.
    When you first engage the boss, don't blow your ulti if your dps is low, wait until she's around 50% ish, then go full ham, you can skip the chain add mechanic if you can push her to 10% before the chains reach you.
    What's your class and build?
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭

I think I skip almost all packs, including the ones around the wounding portals.

Tbh I also did spirit slayer run just by pulling everything to the minibosses and just aoe them down.
    So I'm dunno then, where do you see yourself losing a lot of time? You said you had 5 minutes going into the last bossfight but finished at 58 minutes?
    That's very long.. On the last boss you can ignore most mechanics if you have enough dps(I think you need like 20k or for that).
    When you first engage the boss, don't blow your ulti if your dps is low, wait until she's around 50% ish, then go full ham, you can skip the chain add mechanic if you can push her to 10% before the chains reach you.

I died on the last fight once, so approx 9 min fight if you cut the 18 mins in half. Since i died near the end of the fight anyways. I went as fast as i possibly could tbh. I did pretty much everything youre saying, most of the time i get her to around 50-60% after every portal unless something unexpected happens and i need to recover then probs about 70%.
    Argonian Master Race
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    double post somehow.
    Edited by Arbit on April 6, 2021 5:32AM
    Argonian Master Race
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I died on the last fight once, so approx 9 min fight if you cut the 18 mins in half. Since i died near the end of the fight anyways. I went as fast as i possibly could tbh. I did pretty much everything youre saying, most of the time i get her to around 50-60% after every portal unless something unexpected happens and i need to recover then probs about 70%.

Yeah for me it's like 25-30% when I come out of the portal so I just start executing her.
    Again, I'm curious about your build, maybe you can change something there to give you more dmg.
    You don't need earthshattering amounts of dps to get this title.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im using, The master's greatsword perfected, blackrose prison dual wield perfected backbar, tzovgins with bloodthirsty jewelry enchanted with attack power, regular relequens, mostly cause vet trial groups scare me I guess. brawler is my main spammable, blastones, siphon, executioner, and camouflage hunter for extra crit and minor berserk. Backbar is skeleton archer, deadly cloak, intensive mendor (cheap heal over time, doesn't use stam), vigor (for heavy heals), and necrotic potency. All gear is gold. I'm also using thief stone. food is lava foot soup, 20 points in health, 44 in stam.
    Edited by Arbit on April 6, 2021 5:43AM
    Argonian Master Race
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im using, The master's greatsword perfected, blackrose prison dual wield perfected backbar, tzovgins with bloodthirsty jewelry enchanted with attack power, regular relequens, mostly cause vet trial groups scare me I guess. brawler is my main spammable, blastones, siphon, executioner, and camouflage hunter for extra crit and minor berserk. Backbar is skeleton archer, deadly cloak, intensive mendor (cheap heal over time, doesn't use stam), vigor (for heavy heals), and necrotic potency. All gear is gold. I'm also using thief stone. food is lava foot soup, 20 points in health, 44 in stam.

Damn, then I dunno what to say, that's a pretty good build already, I notice the lack of pale order ring, I know it's cheesy, but you can ignore healing with it.
    Also no caltrops? Major breach is pretty good.
    Rele isn't super great for solo arena IMHO, VO or war machine is usually what I'd go with. Wm especially when comboed with colossus can give you incredible burst.
    Alternatively, bow backbar for ballista ult, it's also good burst, sustained dps isn't as important as most bosses don't have super high hp and/or have phases anyway.

Ok i just checked my stamcro, i did WM+Tzogvin with master 2h and vma bow.

So no pale order, i mean yeah brawler is kinda good :D

Id go with vma bow backbar, simply beacuse you can also get major expedition, which you dont have in your build atm?
    And yeah, defo would get caltrops, not sure how much pen you have rn, but they did reduce the amount of pen we can get with the new cp system.
    Also theres a green cp that increases out of combat movement speed by 20%, thats also pretty good.
    Edited by Firstmep on April 6, 2021 6:02AM
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my last attempt at Vateshran, I didn't quite make the time... or the no death. I almost made the no death, but died a little early. I'm looking for pointers on how I can cut time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOv_K8cqG4
    Argonian Master Race
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my last attempt at Vateshran, I didn't quite make the time... or the no death. I almost made the no death, but died a little early. I'm looking for pointers on how I can cut time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxOv_K8cqG4

OK, I've only watched the blue arena part so far, but a few things.

Your uptime on caltrops and deadly cloak could be better, caltrops especially, major breach is a big dmg buff.
    You can run quick cloak over deadly as well, it has longer duration.
    When you are inside wounding portal areas, you don't have to stop running when you activate the synergy orbs.
    On the second blue boss, you don't have to kill the eyes yourself, the boss does an aoe fire attack, if you position yourself between the boss and the eye the aoe will take the eye down to 10% with just one attack and you can keep dpsing.
    Generally you want to focus on killing the bosses as fast as possible.
    That's it for now, IL try to watch the rest when I have more time.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    YjQZkRU.png

Here's my last time, Its basically double the time for the last boss fight, cause i keep dying at the same place. After the fire mage spawns right after I leave the last portal, he's there when the line of adds are encroaching. It messes me up cause I cant stun him once the line of adds pass him, so I either have to take him out fast or hope hes dead center of the arena. In any case Ill put a timer on next time not sure with how much time i went into the boss fight with, but with all the help on builds I've received it's much more smooth than it used to be for me.
    Edited by Arbit on April 11, 2021 7:59PM
    Argonian Master Race
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    for the last part with the mage, should I take off necrotic potency and put on hidden dagger for the range stun?
    Argonian Master Race
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did it guys! Thanks for all the advice :)

DhtmiEs.png
    fM2Yo56.png
    Argonian Master Race
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was whittling down my times on all classes with some very respectable scores when CP 2.0 rolled right over top of me.

I went from wanting to religiously push leaderboard to losing all heart to even continue playing.

I guess I've always been of the mindset that the 'speed run' should account for clearing all the available mobs, too, or at least the trifectas should.

In either case, gratz @Arbit for finally pulling it off! Well done.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did it guys!

CONGRATS @Arbit and i'll probably ask you this again in-game later within our guildchat B) but... What exactly ended up being the big difference maker ?

Just a DPS tweak here or a position/timing adjustment there?
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    I did it guys!

CONGRATS @Arbit and i'll probably ask you this again in-game later within our guildchat B) but... What exactly ended up being the big difference maker ?

Just a DPS tweak here or a position/timing adjustment there?

Thanks Nee! :)

There were quite a few changes that all stacked to end up making a difference to my time. First off, was lowering my graphics to minimum to get rid of the sputtering you can see in the video. That was throwing me off constantly throughout my vateshran attempts.

The real big changes came with my build and the changes to my survivability, so I could focus on doing damage and not focusing healing so much. Briarheart replaced relequins, increasing my healing along with ring of the pale order. I also changed my mundus to lover to increase my penetration far more.

My build exactly was

head: Tzovgins (divines)
    shoulder: Slimecraw (divines)
    gloves: Tzovgins (divines)
    body: Tzovgins (divines)
    pants: Briarheart (divines)
    belt: Briarheart (divines)
    boots: Briarheart (divines)
    Necklace: Tzovgins (Bloodthristy with damage enchant)
    Ring: Tzovgins (Bloodthristy with damage enchant)

Ring: Ring of the pale order (Bloodthristy with damage enchant) / Ring of the wild hunt (movement speed and stamina regen enchant)

Weapon front bar: Brairheart Maul (Precise)
    Weapon back bar: dual wield black rose prison (Infused)

Mundus: Lover

Food: Lava foot soup

20 health, 44 stamina

So, my build had briarheart set to proc frontbar, with tzovgins having a more permanent stacking on full body and jewelry. Pale order ring, is just a ridiculously good piece of jewelry. Idk if id ever run solo content without it again, it was just that good.

My skills got changed quite a bit as well, thanks to advice from the forums, and from guildies. I started using my execute as a single target spammable more than cleave, especially since I had more survivability from my gear, so I didn't need to shield up as often. Caltrops helped immensely, giving me that huge boost in damage I was promised. I was sitting at around 10.7k penetration just on frontbar and with caltrops included I was negating a huge amount of defense. I also changed up deadly cloak to quick cloak upon recommendation. I don't think I'll change back even for group content, I really appreciate the advice on this one, cause it elongates the effect of the blackrose weapons. Finally, upon my own analyses, I changed out necrotic potency, for hidden blade on the last boss, just to stun the fire mage at range for that one particular instance.

one last thing I did, is that I show ring of the wild hunt, and ring of the pale order in the same slot. This is because, I was swapping out the ring of the pale order for ring of the wild hunt, on long sprints, through certain lava stretches to decrease my time. I also took the movement speed out of combat slottable, in CP tree like was recommended in the first posters recommendations.

I also changed out using trash pots on the bosses up to final boss, to tripots. This helped with my sustain and made the bosses go more quickly. I still used weapon power pots on final boss tho, for the major brutality buff they give.

TLDR: I got advice from a lot of ppl, from the forums, and from guildies in the guild that's run by Nee. The combined advice, helped me make a build, and tweak my specs, to get the speedrun/ no death/ no sigil run! Thank you everyone!
    Edited by Arbit on April 12, 2021 7:01AM
    Argonian Master Race
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So.. I just completed this in 42 minutes on veteran while streaming to a group of guildies... and got the Hollows Hustler achievement for clearing it in under 45 minutes.. however, it did not give me the no death/no sigil/speed run achievement I was trying for.

What's the deal with that?? Is there something you absolutely MUST do to get credit? because I definitely cleared it in less than 45min without using sigils, and without dying.

I could be upset that I still haven't got the weapon I am looking for but hunting the achievements has become the thing I am doing to pass the time farming this awful RNG system.

So mad
    IccYEWm.jpg

So I went back a few minutes later..
    unknown.png?width=1210&height=681
    But I still don't know why it didn't count the first time >:[
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on August 3, 2021 6:57AM
    love is love