The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet Sanctum Ophidia - Stonebreaker... Stone... broken...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
This boss is ridiculous right now. The damage is excessive, and the radius is ridiculous. So much for "if you could complete it before you can complete it now"...

My guild have vhof, vmol, vas, vcr completes... but can't get a vso now.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno

This needs addressing, and I can happily show you the stream I had... that boss is now beyond awful. Invisible mechanics, excessive radius on some of them - and to top it off, the poison tick is so huge that if you're not at 1800CP you can forget any kind of mitigation for it.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried it too yesterday and we couldn't get past the troll boss. Not sure if its bugged or did they change something. It used to be pretty much just stack and burn but now even if you bring him to the beginning of the bridge the overchargers still come. And ot def needs to stay further and take jumps because if boss jumps near group he wipes all. Poison dmg is also insane. This boss is now hardest in the game lmao.
    Our group has done all vet trials np. We went and did vCR instead, much easier lol.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spoke to some of the groups that got the complete this week, most of them very sweaty - and all declared that boss broken. They had to split dps, have constant mitigation down... and still struggled. The bosses attacks are janky to say the least. And the invisible smash and 20k poison ticks are surely not intended.
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close: vHOW/hSO/hHRC/hAA/vSS

hSO - hits hard, the same for vHOF and hHOF - really hard to DPS on execute.

hSO is not such a big problem - vHOF and hHOF was more uncomfortable.

Hell like execute - do not fill so much damage there before. Half of group just die. Even me with 29 k HP and 20 k def feel myself very uncomfortable.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, my guild were fine in vHOF hm... but vSO couldn't make it past the troll... it's not working... at all.
  • bdyid
    bdyid
    UP UP UP, still bug
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZERO acknowledgement from ZoS? Does no-one actually run Sanctum anymore?? lol. @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno This needs addressing!!!

The troll is putting out WAY too much damage for all but the very best to get past.
  • Reeb
    Reeb
    ✭✭
    We also tried to complete vSO with my guild some 3 weeks ago and got smashed by the troll, including especially its poison attack coming from nowhere. It was impossible to get past it, so we had to give up, despite having an experienced trial leader. Many of us submitted bug reports but haven't heard anything from ZOS about it so far.

Why would they just casually break a boss from a base-game trial that is 7 years old? :#
    Arkhanis Darvel & Rock the Bear | Warden | PC-EU
    Adventurer, skirmisher, bard-amateur
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reeb wrote: »
    We also tried to complete vSO with my guild some 3 weeks ago and got smashed by the troll, including especially its poison attack coming from nowhere. It was impossible to get past it, so we had to give up, despite having an experienced trial leader. Many of us submitted bug reports but haven't heard anything from ZOS about it so far.

Why would they just casually break a boss from a base-game trial that is 7 years old? :#

Yeah, this aggravates me too. There was nothing wrong with Sanctum... they just had to fiddle and mess with it to prevent the Troll being pulled to avoid the overchargers... and in doing so, they must have changed something else, making this boss impossible to play mechanics. Now you have to have insane enough burn to push through them - because you can't mitigate them at all.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our group did a run we finished it off.

Here is how we did it

Literally never stand near a player. MDPS get Rekt and go bow bow. Each poison is as one player put it - Vicious death. If a player dies with a poison AoE they explode for about 25K AoE dmg, which then in turn makes another player explode. The troll will of course jump <Remember they added that a few years back lol>, but its a far cry from stacking on the boss and one player literally killing X9 others. So yeah, bring range DPS and just spread way out from each other.

Its a mess. I have NO idea why they keep changing VSO, its just odd.

We knew it must have been bad for others as well when we did the VSO HM with 0 vitality bonus due to troll - long run - and still got a weekly reward.

Also HP food is nice.

Edit: I did test to make sure it exploded on player death mid run. I had poison and went and stacked on a player with 20% hp left. I had roughly 75%, as soon as he died I went from 75% -> 0% going boom.
    Edited by karekiz on April 6, 2021 6:28PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we just did hardmode too... and can confirm that it IS acting like vicious death - and it's beyond horrid... and it's not just on the troll boss, it's the entire place that this can happen. If you are overcharged and poisoned at same time - you really are a ticking time bomb...

Speed run time was already tough due to the ridiculous (and pointless) add pull at the beginning on vet... now, it's seemingly impossible.
  • teabelly
    teabelly
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if this is still broken or has it actually been fixed now?

I was hoping to do a guild run for it, to help folks get the Vet Crag trials completed & it would be nice to try it without having to tell folks to respec completely just to do it with the HM.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teabelly wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if this is still broken or has it actually been fixed now?

I was hoping to do a guild run for it, to help folks get the Vet Crag trials completed & it would be nice to try it without having to tell folks to respec completely just to do it with the HM.

The hard mode final boss is a bit easier than the troll boss looool. I know that sounds mad, but the vicious death style explosions from the poison damage (poison blast) will even one shot a tank if lots of them go off together.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Holy cow this old trial is a mess. What did they do exactly? Like what change? This trial right now feels harder than VSS and Vmol lol.

Possessed Mantikora, popcorn mechanic. The “green aura” is not appearing to some people. The aoe appears too fast.

Stone breaker, the poison mechanic acts like vicious death. But soft stacking and spreading apart is not working. At one point I told my group to stand still, soft stack and don’t attack, just stay still. Next thing you know, something invisible 1 shots 3 people. Idk

Stone breaker, what is up with his avalanche?? I think this was the big change. When I ran this trial many many times, years ago as a tank, I know for a fact that the avalanche does not target the group behind. For some reason it does even if the tank has the boss faced away. SMH.

Last boss, is a hit or miss with the orbs.
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to pass - it is not so hard.

We do it like this:

=======TANK
    ======= /\
    Group>==BOSS=====================<ME getting hit by the jump of boss>=======================<TANK WITH ADDS>
    Edited by AyaDark on May 27, 2021 1:24PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we've managed to get it done... but no death seems almost impossible, as now does a speed run (which was already tricky due to the ridiculous opening add pull ... ) All mechs are hitting crazy hard - and the invisible killers are a nightmare. You can't avoid what you can't see...
  • FictionQueen
    FictionQueen
    Soul Shriven

This is still broken... :#

Went in with a really good group last night and got wrecked multiple times on the second boss, which is very disheartening when you've completed many times with 0 problems.

This really needs addressed as the amount of issues this game has is now ridiculous :(
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is still broken... :#

Went in with a really good group last night and got wrecked multiple times on the second boss, which is very disheartening when you've completed many times with 0 problems.

This really needs addressed as the amount of issues this game has is now ridiculous :(

There's kind of a new mechanic (or they beefed up an old one). Feel free to DM me and I'll explain in detail - but it was stealthily added I think.
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

The troll is still broken; the actual skill that is broken is Poison Blast. Both the adds and the main boss's ability have the ability to one-shot anybody while blocking, and the death recap shows only 16k damage taken for many.

What we tried:

* stacks in smaller groups seemed to make it better, but not enough - now I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but that leads me to think that Poison Blast is an AOE, meaning that NOBODY can stack. The problem is that we'll now also get random deaths in trash, simply because trolls also provide us with this mechanic.
    * barriers: absolutely pointless
    * self shields: absolutely pointless

Either poison blast damage should be nerfed, or not made AOE damage but single target. Logs seem to support this notion.

• Sindrik8x
    Sindrik8x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update please? Trying to take my guild in tonight. We are progressive and have done vHRC, vAA and vAS. We have done timed runs on vHRC and vAA too, so this was supposed to be our next logical step.

Just wondering if it's worth our time non-HM. Anyone?
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Sindrik8x wrote: »
    Update please? Trying to take my guild in tonight. We are progressive and have done vHRC, vAA and vAS. We have done timed runs on vHRC and vAA too, so this was supposed to be our next logical step.

From PTS patch notes:

unknown.png

So it will be fixed 23.8. :)
    Edited by Balastar on August 16, 2021 6:42PM
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »
    Sindrik8x wrote: »

From PTS patch notes:

unknown.png

So it will be fixed 23.8. :)

I hope this is fur-reelz ,,,, I am so, SO SAD because I cannot get anyone to run this trial with me :'(
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38