The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishing cap update?

Ae'ron
Ae'ron
✭✭✭
With the new chapter launching soon, the time has come to ask the question again: will we see an increase in the furnishing cap? Last update I saw was the one pinned to the top of this forum - over a year ago.

With every new Chapter or DLC, we get more achievement furnishings, zone themed furnishings, undaunted trophies/furnishings, and now antiquity furnishings (another brazier of frozen flame? Why yes thank you, I’ll just put it right over th... oh). All the furnishings are beautiful (ayleid gate from the crown crates anyone? 😍) but our houses are out of spaces. My Mathiisen Manor (@ae’ron is my account name, don’t know if you can visit using that) only has 600 traditional spots but needs at least 100 more to place all the beautiful new stuff that’s been released and that we know is coming. Plus we need more slots to place all the heads, I errr mean trophies, of our enemies, uhhh accomplishments, on display!

I visit the luxury furnisher every week knowing that anything I buy will just get stuffed into my bank until the devs help us out.

As I joke with my guild, housing is the TRUE endgame of ESO so any update would be appreciated.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen any time soon.

Maybe in a few years, when the XBox One and PS4 generation is completely phased out.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtclick wrote: »
    With every new Chapter or DLC, we get more achievement furnishings, zone themed furnishings, undaunted trophies/furnishings, and now antiquity furnishings...

All the furnishings are beautiful... but our houses are out of spaces...

My Mathiisen Manor only has 600 traditional spots but needs at least 100 more to place all the beautiful new stuff that’s been released and that we know is coming...

I visit the luxury furnisher every week knowing that anything I buy will just get stuffed into my bank until the devs help us out.

The real issue isn't the furniture cap. It's that you want to put too much stuff in your house. You can't put every new furnishing into one house.

I love getting new furnishings too, but when I do get something I put it in this house, or that house, or maybe even one in a couple of my houses. But it won't all fit in one house.

I have 6 decorated houses (so far) and none of them are maxed out, yet they look nicely filled in. I can't even imagine what players are putting in their homes that they run out of space and need more.
    PCNA
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With every new Chapter or DLC, we get more achievement furnishings, zone themed furnishings, undaunted trophies/furnishings, and now antiquity furnishings...

My Mathiisen Manor only has 600 traditional spots but needs at least 100 more to place all the beautiful new stuff that’s been released and that we know is coming...

The real issue isn't the furniture cap. It's that you want to put too much stuff in your house. You can't put every new furnishing into one house.

I love getting new furnishings too, but when I do get something I put it in this house, or that house, or maybe even one in a couple of my houses. But it won't all fit in one house.

I have 6 decorated houses (so far) and none of them are maxed out, yet they look nicely filled in. I can't even imagine what players are putting in their homes that they run out of space and need more.

Not all house are created equal, have you seen the size of some of the houses? Plants and flowers alone can take up most space. Maybe you are a minimalist? Nothing wrong with unused space but some of us like lots of stuff around us. :) I havent begun to decorated the top portion of the aylied ruins. Vines alone it needs more vines!
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

Maybe in a few years, when the XBox One and PS4 generation is completely phased out.

That's really not fair to the rest of us on PC. I don't own a xbox or ps4 I am a pc gamer. I don't play it if I can't get it on a pc. So how is that fair to pc players to be held back because of console? Just sayin.
  • Ae'ron
    Ae'ron
    ✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »

Not all house are created equal, have you seen the size of some of the houses? Plants and flowers alone can take up most space. Maybe you are a minimalist? Nothing wrong with unused space but some of us like lots of stuff around us. :) I havent begun to decorated the top portion of the aylied ruins. Vines alone it needs more vines!

PLANTS! It’s always the plants for me! Vines must go on everything lol. Tiny little glowing flowers count the same as an Alinor windmill, which is kind of insane, but I still need them everywhere. And the salt lamps… I have those everywhere too.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a minimalist but my houses are still very filled in. I decorate every area and do not leave empty rooms or bare yards, yet I still am not maxed.

I have a couple of large homes, the Antiquity house and Serenity Falls Estate. Those both have large yards and I put a lot of flowers and plants and trees to make them look filled in and colorful, but not to the degree that they look like jungles. And what is wrong with leaving some rock formations bare? I consider them part of the landscape.

Now I have room to place new items as they come along. I don't feel like I have to have them all in one house. That wouldn't even make sense decor wise.
    PCNA
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they gave us the option of increasing the limit of smaller homes. I love to increase my Hunding's Palatial Hall slot limit to 700. This will not tax the consoles because the slot limit is not beyond 700.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping they eventually make indoors and outdoors different instances. I would tolerate a loading screen going through a door if it meant more room to place things.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a minimalist but my houses are still very filled in. I decorate every area and do not leave empty rooms or bare yards, yet I still am not maxed.

I have a couple of large homes, the Antiquity house and Serenity Falls Estate. Those both have large yards and I put a lot of flowers and plants and trees to make them look filled in and colorful, but not to the degree that they look like jungles. And what is wrong with leaving some rock formations bare? I consider them part of the landscape.

Now I have room to place new items as they come along. I don't feel like I have to have them all in one house. That wouldn't even make sense decor wise.

I would love to see your homes. I do love plants and trees everywhere. Vines need to be in the ayleid ruins. I still would like to see others homes to get ideas. I have a green house at the top of the ayleid ruin I haven't begun to fill and 3 swimming pools that need floating lily pads and flowers and underwater lighting. I haven't filled up my pysjic hall home yet either it's getting close. I think it's just a passion to make these areas of the game my own. I will never be on the leader boards or a top end pve or pvp but I can have fun making a piece of ESO my own little world. That is how I look at it.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PLANTS! It’s always the plants for me! Vines must go on everything lol. Tiny little glowing flowers count the same as an Alinor windmill, which is kind of insane, but I still need them everywhere. And the salt lamps… I have those everywhere too.

I agree!
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    We desperately need an increased cap. I have around six homes now who are maxed out, and they all feel incomplete and barren in certain areas. So I wouldn't encourage ZOS to be lazy and not increase the cap.

Somehow a magical fountain, a tower, and portal to another dimension count as the same as a banana. Small details fill up a house limit incredibly quickly.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see your homes. I do love plants and trees everywhere. Vines need to be in the ayleid ruins. I still would like to see others homes to get ideas. I have a green house at the top of the ayleid ruin I haven't begun to fill and 3 swimming pools that need floating lily pads and flowers and underwater lighting. I haven't filled up my pysjic hall home yet either it's getting close. I think it's just a passion to make these areas of the game my own. I will never be on the leader boards or a top end pve or pvp but I can have fun making a piece of ESO my own little world. That is how I look at it.

I would love to see yours, also. (I'm on PC NA.) Maybe it would help me to understand your dilemma.

I have a fairly traditional decorating style, and don't consider any of my homes completely finished because I'm always on the lookout for something interesting that fits the decor.
    PCNA
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's really not fair to the rest of us on PC. I don't own a xbox or ps4 I am a pc gamer. I don't play it if I can't get it on a pc. So how is that fair to pc players to be held back because of console? Just sayin.

You seem to be ignoring weaker PCs as well, which can be even less powerful than the old consoles.

ZOS wants as many customers as possible, so the preferred way of handling things is "Make sure even the weakest current platform can handle what we do."

If the Devs only catered to high end PCs and nothing else, this would be an incredibly superior game, full of way more enemies, mechanics, visuals, etc.

But it would also only have a tiny fraction of it's current player base.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I joke with my guild, housing is the TRUE endgame of ESO so any update would be appreciated.

I want to laugh, but sadly it is not a joke.

• VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During every stream with announcements I sit there hoping, begging, pleading, for a housing announcement. Alas, no such luck. :/

We get more and more furniture every month, we get houseguests (which are in the special collectibles category "yay"). But still no increase to the cap.

Frankly this isn't sustainable, it hasn't been for a long time. Many players have been asking for this since the housing system was introduced. The current cap of 700 and 20 special collectibles is simply not enough. Not trying to sound greedy, but it just isn't. Not with all the new furniture that is constantly being added. It is very easy to hit the 700 cap nowadays.

Oh and yah new cool houseguests aha, but then I gotta replace my favorite mounts and/or pets...no thanks.

I'm at the point where I remove plants, rocks and trees to place new items. RIP my garden, I want to place antiquities.

Increase the cap ZoS, pleeeeeease. For the love of all the nine divines, please.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem to be ignoring weaker PCs as well, which can be even less powerful than the old consoles.

ZOS wants as many customers as possible, so the preferred way of handling things is "Make sure even the weakest current platform can handle what we do."

If the Devs only catered to high end PCs and nothing else, this would be an incredibly superior game, full of way more enemies, mechanics, visuals, etc.

I truly do understand this from a business stand point. From a player perspective I guess there is no way to put a disclaimer in saying if your system can't draw this many objects on screen at once then it may not work for you would not be a good look. So it begs to ask when then? In 2 years that's a long time in a game. In 2 years you can lose lots of customers for lots of reasons and some of those reasons could be no cap increase for homes. Not saying that will happen but it could.
  • FrumpyCourage
    FrumpyCourage
    ✭✭
    I truly do understand this from a business stand point. From a player perspective I guess there is no way to put a disclaimer in saying if your system can't draw this many objects on screen at once then it may not work for you would not be a good look. So it begs to ask when then? In 2 years that's a long time in a game. In 2 years you can lose lots of customers for lots of reasons and some of those reasons could be no cap increase for homes. Not saying that will happen but it could.

I think it will hurt them in the long run through sales in the Crown Store - look at the Ayleid home: It was clearly designed with more than 700 items in mind (I have 650 odd in and it still looks pretty empty, not to mention the topside which is bare) so not extending the cap will just make people like me stop buying those big houses as well as the Crown Furniture.
    "You insisted on fighting, do not resent me for dying."
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all perspective.

I love the housing aspect of this game. It's my favorite part of it. But the number of people that will stop spending money/stop playing this game because they can't put more furnishings in their house?

It probably isn't even 1% of the massive player base. It might not even be .1%.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on April 6, 2021 3:58PM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses seem to be getting bigger and bigger but the limit has stayed the same, hell the aylied ruins are massive and at 700 i still have vast swaths of it that look empty.

it needs upping big time or they need to stop with the massive houses
  • Ae'ron
    Ae'ron
    ✭✭✭
    I do wanna say to the developers, artists, community managers and/or whoever else works at ZOS: your housing team is brilliant. The environments are beautiful, the furnishings are intricate (down to engraving on tiny little chalices), and the platform you give us to create our own little space is priceless.

We need more spaces because we LOVE what you’ve created.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ae'ron wrote: »
    I do wanna say to the developers, artists, community managers and/or whoever else works at ZOS: your housing team is brilliant. The environments are beautiful, the furnishings are intricate (down to engraving on tiny little chalices), and the platform you give us to create our own little space is priceless.

We need more spaces because we LOVE what you’ve created.

Exactly
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭

So if ZOS wanted to please ALL of the playerbase would it not be possible/why not have a system in place whereby the item limit scales off the system or graphics settings of the individual player?
    Visitors could recieve a warning before visiting a player house that might overwhelm their particular system/settings.
    This way everybody can decorate their homes to the level their PC/Console can cope with.
    Edited by AliasRed on April 10, 2021 10:08AM
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just need 100 extra slots to finish my stables in alinor crest townhouse :'(
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AliasRed wrote: »

So if ZOS wanted to please ALL of the playerbase would it not be possible/why not have a system in place whereby the item limit scales off the system or graphics settings of the individual player?
    Visitors could recieve a warning before visiting a player house that might overwhelm their particular system/settings.
    This way everybody can decorate their homes to the level their PC/Console can cope with.

That kind of system detection is almost borderline magic.

No game is able to look at a System's hardware that in-depth, and even if it could, the Devs would have to include an override option because current detection systems frequently get the system specs wrong (Aka you have top of the line GPU, CPU, and Memory, but the game thinks your graphics settings should be "low"). And players would absolutely ignore those warnings or settings and get stuck in a house crashing continuously until ZOS support moved them out.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky Cat Landing: 400 slots... scandalous !!!
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • oregonrob
    oregonrob
    ✭✭✭
    When the current cap went in, I stopped buying homes and furniture from the Crown Store. In North Elsweyr in the room in the inn that everyone can get for free, I had one shelf, two statues, three lights, a picture and a bed and cannot add anything more after the new cap. To also find out that all objects are not created equal, and some will use up more space than others in the cap but there is no list of what those items are, also is irritating.

If EOS is going to set the game to the oldest and obsolete hardware, it will find itself with only legacy equipment players in a few years. For the record, my computer is five years old and had no problems prior to most recent cap.