The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What's the thing with Blighted Blastbones?

vhagar122
vhagar122
✭✭
Recently when i was playing BG i had a feeling that something was wrong with Blighted Blastbones, so i decided to spam it a little and then i realised that my damage dealt didn't go up at all. I thought it was just a bug or something but today i decided to test it.

I started a BG, i got a deatmatch (perfect) my plan was spamming Blighted Blastbones for the entire BG and see how or will it even deal any damage.
at the very beggining i used a Dizzying Swing out of habit on a enemy with shield/or blocking i don't remember correctly, and it deal 1.6k damage.
i checked my total damage dealt and it was showing 1.6k damage dealt so that was fine, then i began spamming Blighted Blastbones, i did it for 7 minutes,
then i checked my total damage dealt and it was still at 1.6k damage, but doing this for 7 minutes i saw that Blighted Blastbones dealt some damage on enemies but it was
so low that it wasn't even noticable on their healthbar and Blighted Blastbones didn't even show any numbers when he exploded on enemy (i have the option that shows numbers of how much damage you dealt with a skill above your enemy's nickname turned on), then for the next 7 minutes i strated playing normally and of course my total damage dealt went up as usual, i noticed that
Dizzying Swings dealt around 3-4k damage and it was shown on the numbers and every Dizzying Swing counted to total damage dealt.

I decided to compare Blighted Blastbones with Dizzying Swing and in skill description (still inside a Battleground match if that matters) it said that Dizzy would deal around 10k damage and on Blastbones it said around 12k damage, but of course Dizzy swing deals Physical Damage while Blastbones does Disease Damage, so of course damage of Dizzying Swing is lower when you hit a player with it because of the resistances, but what about Blastbones? it should deal maybe around 4-6k damage i believe that average player should have less Disease Resistance than Physical Resistance right? so Blastbones should deal some damage but it dealt very very low damage on Battlegrounds.

I am really confused am i misunderstanding something about resistances or how the game works? or Blighted Blastbones is just ***? Can someone explain this to me?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that blastbones does good damage to enemies in BGs, but that damage doesn't seem to be added to your damage dealt stat on the scoreboard.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do Sorc pets or the Warden bear add to your damage dealt On the scoreboard? If not, there’s the issue. If they do there might be something wrong with Blastbones.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed how pets work a bit ago.

For example damage done by any sorc pets, (except scamp's activated ability), necro pets, will not give any health via Ring of Pale order - their damage isn't considered to be done by you.

The healing from matriarch counts because it's an activated ability in BGs but necro pets will not.

As for the damage, maybe your opponents are blocking blastbones?

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer pets' damage and healing don't count on the Battlegrounds scoreboard, and never have. Sorc pets used to, and I was under the impression that they still did, but perhaps not. You can in fact get killing blows from Blastbones finishing someone off, but it won't contribute to any assists, or trigger various gear sets that one would expect it to (the Fire damage from the Magicka morph won't proc the Succession set, for example).

As for differences in damage numbers: most targets are going to have virtually identical resistance to physical and disease damage, but remember that Blastbones is an AOE and many/most Stamina builds are going to have Major Evasion, which reduces all AOE damage they take by 20%. There's also the new medium armor passive, which reduces AOE damage taken by a further 2% per piece worn after they dodge roll. (Sidenote: Though Blastbones is an AOE and therefore isn't supposed to be dodgeable, the skeleton apparently makes its decision about where it's going to explode before it actually leaps, and if the target dodge rolls, streaks, sprints, etc...and moves out of the way, the Blastbones will oftentimes fall apart mid-leap and do 0 damage)

The Stamina morph of Blastbones is indeed bugged in one way that the Magicka morph isn't, though; it will frequently apply the "hamstring" snare to targets that it hits, which is supposed to be limited to NPCs that hit you in the back. This snare, though cleansable, will ignore any already-existing immunity on the target and snare them no matter what.
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Necromancer pets' damage and healing don't count on the Battlegrounds scoreboard, and never have. Sorc pets used to, and I was under the impression that they still did, but perhaps not. You can in fact get killing blows from Blastbones finishing someone off, but it won't contribute to any assists, or trigger various gear sets that one would expect it to (the Fire damage from the Magicka morph won't proc the Succession set, for example).

As for differences in damage numbers: most targets are going to have virtually identical resistance to physical and disease damage, but remember that Blastbones is an AOE and many/most Stamina builds are going to have Major Evasion, which reduces all AOE damage they take by 20%. There's also the new medium armor passive, which reduces AOE damage taken by a further 2% per piece worn after they dodge roll. (Sidenote: Though Blastbones is an AOE and therefore isn't supposed to be dodgeable, the skeleton apparently makes its decision about where it's going to explode before it actually leaps, and if the target dodge rolls, streaks, sprints, etc...and moves out of the way, the Blastbones will oftentimes fall apart mid-leap and do 0 damage)

The Stamina morph of Blastbones is indeed bugged in one way that the Magicka morph isn't, though; it will frequently apply the "hamstring" snare to targets that it hits, which is supposed to be limited to NPCs that hit you in the back. This snare, though cleansable, will ignore any already-existing immunity on the target and snare them no matter what.

Wow I wondered why my damage wasn’t adding up in BGs also I’m throwing out blastbones constantly and it’s where most of my damage is coming from about 4-5k a hit. Then couldn’t work out why my damage was so low afterwards. Bit odd, I guess blastbones is a pet comes across more as a spell to me though.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Always been like that lol. Its funny for burst oriented stamcros cause they can do really well and go like 20-1 and have like 200k damage total haha
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that blastbones does good damage to enemies in BGs, but that damage doesn't seem to be added to your damage dealt stat on the scoreboard.

It's not counted as "your" damage, thus doesn't even throw you out of crouch.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

It's not counted as "your" damage, thus doesn't even throw you out of crouch.

One reason why I want to rebuild my necro into a Gankcro.