Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG Community in Support of Current BG Meta

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I still think that some damage proc sets and combinations require to be tuned down. .......usual suspects: Vate staff, Merciless Noob Charge related combos, Zaan etc.

The only damage procs I feel are out of line right now are zaan, caluurions, vate destro, and vate 2H. And even those haven't been that bad. But do you feel like they are slight outliers with regard to how much added burst or sustained pressure they create for such small investments.

I agree but would add Venomous Smite to the list. Since a NB can always produce at well most of the time. At least to classes that don’t have a purge skill.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    Magsorc in bg is nutty XD. I had over 9k medal score in a deathmatch. Crit heals, kills, assists!!

Was it high rated or against nubs ? I had 17-0 scores too but after a while u will start playing against the best StamDks and StamDens on the server and then you realize what I am talking about..

Mag Sorc is still very good, I can ball of lightning to my heart's content, on my stamsorc. Magsorcs can do it even more. Even in high MMR BGs, good magsorc well play with enough awareness and manage their resources in such a way that allows them to streak away as much as needed. That combined with the ability to lay out huge range bursts, auto execute, and large burst heals, makes them very good.

Pretty average BG class IMO as dots and procs mean it can't do much even against players with half a brain.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on April 11, 2021 5:14AM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magsorc in bg is nutty XD. I had over 9k medal score in a deathmatch. Crit heals, kills, assists!!

Was it high rated or against nubs ? I had 17-0 scores too but after a while u will start playing against the best StamDks and StamDens on the server and then you realize what I am talking about..

High rated
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mag Sorc is still very good, I can ball of lightning to my heart's content, on my stamsorc. Magsorcs can do it even more. Even in high MMR BGs, good magsorc well play with enough awareness and manage their resources in such a way that allows them to streak away as much as needed. That combined with the ability to lay out huge range bursts, auto execute, and large burst heals, makes them very good.

Pretty average BG class IMO as dots and procs mean it can't do much even against players with half a brain.

It is so easy to out heal dots, and for any burst procs, magsorcs can easily make a little distance and heal up.

But this is coming from a Xbox NA perspective. I hear EU BGs are loaded with proc tanks. I could see mag-sork being less effective if everyone is running around with 35k+ health.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I still think that some damage proc sets and combinations require to be tuned down. .......usual suspects: Vate staff, Merciless Noob Charge related combos, Zaan etc.

The only damage procs I feel are out of line right now are zaan, caluurions, vate destro, and vate 2H. And even those haven't been that bad. But do you feel like they are slight outliers with regard to how much added burst or sustained pressure they create for such small investments.

I would agree with you but you are forgeting one thing. A Calurion, Zaan, Vate build can be used only on a glass cannon. This is the exact build that I am using on my MagBlade and despite it it is my weakest character in BG by quite a margin.. On any class I can outheal the Zaan proc or just roll away from it and Vate damage is even lower...

I see vate destro and zaan as an issue more on pressure builds. They can build tanky, but then these four items slots can allow them to do pretty significant damage.

Caluurions is definitely for a glass cannon type, primarily magsorc. But the ease of use for them coupled with the damage in return is a little out of whack. Magsorcs already mostly play on the edges, hitting players you are already engaged in fighting someone else, or otherwise unaware of them. It's not hard for one of the skills in there burst to crit, and without immediate appreciation of the pressure coming from the magsorc, that player is going to eat that burst plus a free 6K from caluurions. That 6K difference is very often enough to put the player into endless fury proc zone, causing an instant kill.

Yeah calurion can be deadly if you don't see it coming, maybe an audio cue

It is so easy to out heal dots, and for any burst procs, magsorcs can easily make a little distance and heal up.

But this is coming from a Xbox NA perspective. I hear EU BGs are loaded with proc tanks. I could see mag-sork being less effective if everyone is running around with 35k+ health.

Magsorcs are fine on pc EU, the other day I left my cyro gear on my magplar by accident, so I had impreg on.
    3k impen, 32k spell resist, and I was still getting hit with 6k curses and 7k crit frags.