The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murder farm

ColdTurdLife
ColdTurdLife
Soul Shriven
Can murder farming get you the ban hammer?
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is murder farming?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As in killing all the NPCs in an area for Justice System content/exp? Hadran's Caravan is the usual place, though I recall a player slaughtering everyone they could in Skywatch.

I've never heard of that being a disciplinary issue, since it is arguably playing the Justice System, albeit in a much less stealthy manner than intended. Murdering NPCs is intended gameplay for Dark Brotherhood members, after all.

That being said, context matters. If you see a bunch of roleplayers having a good time and then decide that now is the perfect moment to murder a bunch of NPCs near them to disrupt their fun I mean, I totally wanted the NPC loot! - then ZOS might take a dimmer view of your actions.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As in killing all the NPCs in an area for Justice System content/exp? Hadran's Caravan is the usual place, though I recall a player slaughtering everyone they could in Skywatch.

I've never heard of that being a disciplinary issue, since it is arguably playing the Justice System, albeit in a much less stealthy manner than intended. Murdering NPCs is intended gameplay for Dark Brotherhood members, after all.

That being said, context matters. If you see a bunch of roleplayers having a good time and then decide that now is the perfect moment to murder a bunch of NPCs near them to disrupt their fun I mean, I totally wanted the NPC loot! - then ZOS might take a dimmer view of your actions.
    Well technically that is griefing.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often run through cities killing NPCs to work on getting the Footpad achievement. Takes a while to escape from the guards using the footpad's 100 times.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ban hammer? I don't believe so.

I regularly farm the neutral soldiers on the seashore near Doomcrag for fun and profit. I kill them all, they respawn and I repeat.

Among the first NPC Guilds I worked on were Thieves Guild (Master Thief) and Dark Brotherhood (Assassin). Pickpocket and Blade of Woe were made to be put to use as we choose.

Although, I might mention that I find locked homes the most profitable. This is where your full investment into Legerdemain skill line pays off ("Force Lock" et al.).

:smiley:

• ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »

Well technically that is griefing.

Given the context I described, yes, I would say that's taken murder farming into a targeted act of griefing. That's why I said that context matters.

On the other hand, I'm familiar with how people who like to roleplay Paladins will message, yell at, or try to mess with players who are pickpocketing and Murdering NPCs for Justice System content. That's not okay either - those players paid for the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs, and should be able to play Justice content as intended. Similarly, murdering NPCs for exp or achievements is allowed.

Context matters. (Unfortunately, the OP didn't explain the context for their question.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 9, 2021 11:00PM