The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

little help / advice for choice of Bosmer trees

Lauranae
Lauranae
✭✭✭✭✭
I am actually working on building a bosmer area, finished the different platforms i wanted (materiaux used are essentially Murkmire ramp, Treillis and woods stuff - no stone at all). i need though to complete a part to find trees that could be a sort of forest that bosmer could have replanted somewhere else.

Could be a mix of sorts. So far i used some Ficus and weeping ones with argent blue, so i thought about greener trees but there is so much i am lost

so which one would be the closest choice for bosmer ? thank you
My most recent characters
AD - Chjara NB
-
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valenwood has variety in flora and appearance across the zones, but oak, ash, birch and yew seem to be present. Goronir Estate has lots of saplings (including ash) as standard. If you want a dense forest feel, build up layers of height and structure - ferns at the bottom, then small shrubs, saplings, medium trees and then a few taller trees to provide focal points and structure. It depends how much space you have to play with.

For example, and as a very rough guide because you have lots to choose from:

From the 'Giant Trees' choices: Tree, Ancient Jungle and Tree, Healthy Jungle stand out.
    From the 'Trees' choices: Tree, Mossy Sycamore and Tree, Vibrant Privet
    From the 'Saplings' choices: Sapling, Growing Shade and Sapling, Tall Scrub

You're right though - a mix is probably best, but with a focus on green.

'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s the jungle trees sold from the Rawl’kha furnishing vendor. Perhaps cypress trees could work too and might go with the willows you already have.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly we are lacking in big suiting trees. I'm hoping we will get some graht oaks at some point. The best ones you can find are found at the home furnishers in the Aldmeri Dominion zone. Like Tree, Healthy Jungle from Reaper's March. Some other works too, but even the trees that count as "Giant" are a bit small for the Valenwood feel.
    Lauranae wrote: »
    (materiaux used are essentially Murkmire ramp, Treillis and woods stuff - no stone at all)

That doesn't sound very bosmer, though. They don't use plant based material. The only wooden items that work is actual living plants and things like Wood Elf Union Trellis that is clearly still alive.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on April 7, 2021 10:17PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big thank you to all of you!! this give me a start.

I will go visit the furnitures and see how it could be working :)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    A big thank you to all of you!! this give me a start.

I will go visit the furnitures and see how it could be working :)

Awesome! Hope you find ones that suit your build! :) Some additional recommendations are the Ancient Banyan tree from the Redfur Trading Post (also where you can find the Cypress trees). The Ancient Fig is also a nice large tree with good texture but only available for Crowns.