The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Giving up on the Font of Auri-el lead.

DarthCuddlefluff
DarthCuddlefluff
✭✭✭✭
Alright ZoS you win. There is no war in Ba Sing Se. I have made two tickets and two separate forum posts about this on other forums with people backing me up. I have killed over 2500 blood knights in the greymoor caverns. I have done castle thorn about 15 times. I have done kyne's aegis twice. Killed countless other vampires like dogs and bears in the caverns. Done about 20 harrowstorms. Killed probably close to 300 gloomspore creatures. Done the vampire feeding grounds 4 times. Did they entire greymoor story line and several side quests making sure to kill everything on the way. Farmed for 10 whole days spending most of each day on this. The font is NOT going to drop. I can't convince ZoS that it's bugged in any way or to even look into it. I just get the response of "it's just rng" every time despite the cosmic unlikeliness of that. I am just giving up on getting one ever again. It doesn't exist anymore.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have an awesome for the Ba Sing Se reference.
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    I am 100% in the same boat. I have spent hours and weeks and months farming everything i can in addition to what I am told. Nothing. I have every other antiquity. I have drove myself mad trying to get it.
    Xbox NA Housing Enthusiast & Vet Trial Healer *Heals in all classes*

Vet Trial Necrommancer Tank currently OT in Kynes Aegis

ESO Community Supporter and Tamriel Activist *Doesn't condone the filthy high elf ways*
  • Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    Never got it either, sadly.
    GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely drops, but it has a low drop chance. I got one just the other day in Castle Thorn so I can confirm.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got one a long while back and that was from farming vampire lords near the castle for a good 2 hours at least.
    its so annoying how hard it is to drop.
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I eventually just kept running up and down the entry concourse killing the Bloodknights as they respawned. Inside the castle forecourt I got nothing.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had 4 drop without farming for them, front of the keep in Greymoor Caverns is the one spot where 3 or 4 Bloodknights will spawn relatively quickly as a friend got a drop there.
  • Majkiy
    Majkiy
    ✭✭✭
    I got it on my first run on vCT. It's better to farm vCT I guess :smiley:
  • j3z3b3l
    j3z3b3l
    ✭✭
    Blackreach Greymoor Caverns, upper left-hand corner, kill Bloodknights. Got mine after killing about 10 of em.
    Edited by j3z3b3l on March 30, 2021 12:33PM
    J3zdaz XBOX One NA
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone,
    Well , I had that same issue while farming for the Font of Auri-el lead ... I did exactly the same as you for around a week. I did so many times over and over that I started switching characters and see if that would bring me any help. It did not !!!!
    I just got it when I went for the VET castle thorn dungeon. Just did it once and got it dropped from a normal mob.
    I’d recommend you guys to focus on doing castle thorn on VET whenever it’s the dungeon of the day as you can do it over and over.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem to be ridiculously rare but it does drop. I never bothered farming it but eventually got it from a chance drop.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • mchudo
    mchudo
    Soul Shriven
    It took some time, but it dropped from mobs at the keep entrance. Keep trying!