Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwood Desktop Background

James-Wayne
James-Wayne
✭✭✭✭✭
e98a3a4e61588f3727e9a3848f98cecc.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance we can get a full size version of this image added to the media section? I badly need a new desktop background! :D
PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    This image looks awesome! I need it for my xbox background. :smile:
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please try:

http://dotpups.de/pics/blackwood11.jpg

How it was done:

use https://bigjpg.com
    scalex4, artwork, medium noise reduction (to remove the jpeg artifacts).

Open in irfanview, scale up to 2160 height.
    Select a region of 3840x2160 (double HD resolution), crop it (cut out as new image)

Sharpen twice. Without this step it looks too blurry, see http://dotpups.de/pics/blackwood9.jpg

Save as jpeg with 100% quality.

Upload to my own webspace to avoid quality loss by reconversion from imagespace hosters.

@ZOS: in case I violate the copyright with this upscale, please let me know so I will delete the picture from my webspace.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on April 8, 2021 1:09PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the Argonian die?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @James-Wayne! We're happy you like that piece of art! We do have a full suite of wallpapers featuring it in progress. We should be releasing them sometime in the next couple weeks, so keep an eye out on the website or our official social media channels. Thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    I cropped a bit the original for mobile, if anyone needs:

gates_of_obliviion.jpg

Screenshot_20210405-132956.png
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    e98a3a4e61588f3727e9a3848f98cecc.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance we can get a full size version of this image added to the media section? I badly need a new desktop background! :D

Id love to have this in WQHD and 4K!

Unfortunately the original Blackwood wallpaper is blurred and not even HD, don’t know what they messed up with that. Especially the lower / Bottom parts are blurred on WQHD and 4k resolution (I even redownloaded it because I thought maybe my image is just broken). Any info on that @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?

Glad you’re uploading more wallpapers, it’s one of the things I like a lot about new updates, thank you!
    Edited by Seraphayel on April 8, 2021 3:01PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @James-Wayne! We're happy you like that piece of art! We do have a full suite of wallpapers featuring it in progress. We should be releasing them sometime in the next couple weeks, so keep an eye out on the website or our official social media channels. Thanks!

Will there be ones with a more clear view of Dagon too? ...Some of us need to know, for reasons.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭

Will there be ones with a more clear view of Dagon too? ...Some of us need to know, for reasons.

I've nearly informed some guards, but then I saw that you are NotaDeadraWorshipper...puh, that was close.

:p
    Edited by Tharonil on April 9, 2021 7:56AM
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    Aaxc wrote: »
    I cropped a bit the original for mobile, if anyone needs:

gates_of_obliviion.jpg

is it me or does anyone else think that the gal with the axe looks like Dave Lister [Craig Charles} from Red Dwarf ?
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the hero a Redguard or Imperial?
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    Is the hero a Redguard or Imperial?

Imperial.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tharonil wrote: »

I've nearly informed some guards, but then I saw that you are NotaDeadraWorshipper...puh, that was close.

:p

Oh, thank you! That mistake happens all the time and it's quite frustrating. I pray to the Divines every tirdas, turdas, and loredas just like others and visit the chapels regularly.

My request is purely educational as a scholar and to aid guards with finding the real cultists. I mean this @ZOS_GinaBruno even spread the title of #daddydagon. That's very suspicious to me! Therefore I'd need to research the evidence of this.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!