Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

we NEED a sort by trait option (well it would be nice)

PvXGamer
PvXGamer
✭✭✭
On the deconstruct page, we need an option to sort gear by trait. This is the kind of thing that would help immeasurably when someone is making a new character, either a brand new player or a veteran player making an alt and they want to do crafting on the character. If there is an addon that does it, please post it. Going through every piece of gear stashed away in the inventory in order to make sure there is one available for the next research slot that opens up is a complete and utter pain in the neck.
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    I would recommend the addon TraitBuddy. Tracks all your characters trait research needs and also motifs learned.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get a piece of gear you know you’ll need to research later, you can always lock it so you won’t accidentally deconstruct it. Then when you have a research slot open you can look in your inventory and unlock whichever one you want to research.

I did this for months on my main and it worked out pretty well. Now that I have a full 9-trait crafter, I can just craft any piece/trait combo for my alts to research as needed.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    If you get a piece of gear you know you’ll need to research later, you can always lock it so you won’t accidentally deconstruct it. Then when you have a research slot open you can look in your inventory and unlock whichever one you want to research.

I did this for months on my main and it worked out pretty well. Now that I have a full 9-trait crafter, I can just craft any piece/trait combo for my alts to research as needed.

The loading time delays do get annoying in that case, but I cannot spare enough bag space when I do run up a new alt.
    PC
    PS4/PS5