The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA: DO NOT DECORATE YOUR HOMES [PS4]

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you place an item in your house and then pick it back up to move or remove it, that item will be deleted from the game. Not everytime but often enough that it's better not to decorate

Edit: logging in and out fixes it
Edited by spartaxoxo on April 21, 2021 10:59PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what happens when you hire a Goblin moving company, stuff disappears especially shiny things.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be related to items not showing up in inventory when you take them as attachment from mail.
    Logging out and back in fixes that issue.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be related to items not showing up in inventory when you take them as attachment from mail.
    It's just gone, I think. One of my buddies guild mates had to submit a ticket about a deleted crown statute.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2021 4:24AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be under/inside the floor, or something lime that? I unknowingly had surface drag toggled off while placing an item and I'm pretty sure I accidentally stuck it under the floor.

Is there a way to retrieve such items, or are they just "dead and buried" for all time?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @spartaxoxo - if you go into the housing interface and click on "Retrieve" do you see the item in the lists?
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How on earth did they manage to break decorating houses now. This whole patch is a mess.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @spartaxoxo - if you go into the housing interface and click on "Retrieve" do you see the item in the lists?
    Nope. That's why they had to submit a ticket. It's all over my housing guilds. And trust me these players are very well versed on how to use the housing interface
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2021 4:23AM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard if you reblog the item shows back up. Anyone actually closed app, come back in and the item is still gone? Sucks either way and I won't bother decorating until this is fixed.

If this jubilee event wasn't on I'd be taking a break from the game right now. Just too many little bugs that are bugging the crap out of me.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this! I wanted to decorate a house soon, guess I will wait now.

But did your friend's guildmate try to move it and it was gone or did he retrieve it and then it was gone? Like, did he press the retrieve button or was it already gone at that moment?

Because if the latter happened I can imagine the visual Bug, which people already mentioned above, to have caused its disappearance. It usually takes a relog to fix it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hasi wrote: »

But did your friend's guildmate try to move it and it was gone or did he retrieve it and then it was gone? Like, did he press the retrieve button or was it already gone at that moment?

Because if the latter happened I can imagine the visual Bug, which people already mentioned above, to have caused its disappearance. It usually takes a relog to fix it.

Just double checked what was posted in discord and they hit square to remove the item after placement, and that's when it disappeared from their inventory. No idea if a relog would have fixed it or not. I know it wasn't in their inventory or home.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2021 9:35AM
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Just double checked what was posted in discord and they hit square to remove the item after placement, and that's when it disappeared from their inventory. No idea if a relog would have fixed it or not. I know it wasn't in their inventory or home.

Well, if it happened like this, it could be the mentioned Bug.
    When you accept the items of a Mail for example, it may happen that the Items or just a few will not be shown in your Inventory although you accepted them. If you relog, they will all show up in your Inventory afterwards.
    So I can imagine the same thing happening to housing items.🤔
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you accept the items of a Mail for example, it may happen that the Items or just a few will not be shown in your Inventory although you accepted them. If you relog, they will all show up in your Inventory afterwards.

What I've heard is that undoing changes in the house is the only way to get things back. Once they reload or travel out it's gone for good. If it was the same bug that should've fixed it.
    PS4 EU
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

What I've heard is that undoing changes in the house is the only way to get things back. Once they reload or travel out it's gone for good. If it was the same bug that should've fixed it.

True, I haven't thought about that. It should definitely work this way.

I just hope they'll fix this Bug and many others that occured since the 12h Patch Day soon..😅
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whilst I appreciate the warning, this is all a bit vague & secondhand & random.

Is anyone who has actually experienced this on the forums & can give first hand account please?

(Edit: have been testing this out with a statue I don’t mind losing. Pull out of Gallery, place, move, place again, then put back into Inventory/Gallery. Still there.
    Also tried a couple of times with a mushroom. Each time did as it should, and went back into Conservatory/inventory)
    Edited by Hallothiel on April 7, 2021 10:54AM
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this a known bug? I was going to be doing some house stuff today but not if this is the case.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no2c1sq1619u.jpg
    7eJJJKZ.jpg

Idk...
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2021 12:12PM
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't replicate the above bug. Tried with a dropped unbound item. Crafted item. And a crown store bought item.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »
    I can't replicate the above bug. Tried with a dropped unbound item. Crafted item. And a crown store bought item.

Thanks. I guess zos will have to tell us if it only effects a small amount of users or what's going on. This information is in all of my guilds at this point but I have not personally experienced the issue
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is just an abnormality or user error thats been blown out of proportion maybe? [snip]

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 7, 2021 2:22PM
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a lot of decorating yesterday and didn't notice losing anything. But then a friend that I trust told me they have a friend who lost a transmute station. That's what raised the alarm in my guild.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    I did a lot of decorating yesterday and didn't notice losing anything. But then a friend that I trust told me they have a friend who lost a transmute station. That's what raised the alarm in my guild.

I wonder if it's happening only in specific houses? Like that weather bug only affected a couple of them. IDK seems weird seeing this talked about in a few different guilds but also not being able to replicate.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2021 12:41PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

We wanted to let you know that we are investigating your reports and any additional details that you can provide, such as the specific house or item that you experienced this issue with, would be helpful!

Please also let us know if the item reappeared after logging out and logging back in.

The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I'm not downplaying this but I'd like a bit more than "I know someone who knows someone who said their Great Aunts hairdressers dogwalkers cousin said there is an issue" and that seems to be about all we are getting at the moment.

I'm not saying there isn't an issue, I'd just like some evidence of it, some proper evidence, you know first hand experience of the problem along with the bug report, that kind of thing.
    Edited by hafgood on April 7, 2021 2:10PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's just gone, I think. One of my buddies guild mates had to submit a ticket about a deleted crown statute.

Hang on, crown statues don’t into your Inventory, they go back into a bit of Gallery that is held separately so if you looked in Inventory/Furnishings, it would not be there. Has it gone from the actual Gallery bit?
    (Edited out mistake)

Just would like clarity please.
    Edited by Hallothiel on April 7, 2021 5:29PM
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not much help but I did a heap of moving things about and in and out of my inventory yesterday in the Hall of the Lunar Champion, and didn't lose any items.

The only issue I had was trying to rename a storage box. It just would not save the new name I wanted for it then my whole inventory went crazy. In the sense that all my storage boxes claimed to be empty and they all reported nothing was on my personal inventory. A quick log out fixed it though.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    offf thanks for the FYI. I've had a lot of problems with certain lighting that wont stay lit (i have like 20+ varla stones plus a plethora of others). I put in a ticket but the issue was never resolved. I'm not too big into housing but it still sucks and I bought a notable years back that i feel is just kind of meh.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to replicate this bug but couldn't get it to work. Everything works normal for me.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Hang on, crown statues don’t into your Inventory, they go back into a bit of Gallery that is held separately so if you looked in Inventory/Furnishings, it would not be there. Has it gone from the actual Gallery bit?
    Same with the transmute station I think (except in Services).

I assume they meant a Statue you either buy with Crowns or from a Crown Crate. You're describing the Statuettes, not a Statue.

Also the Transmutation Station does go back into your inventory when you remove it, just like any other crafting station.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Nope. That's why they had to submit a ticket. It's all over my housing guilds. And trust me these players are very well versed on how to use the housing interface

I can attest to that
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Same with the transmute station I think (except in Services).

I assume they meant a Statue you either buy with Crowns or from a Crown Crate. You're describing the Statuettes, not a Statue.

Also the Transmutation Station does go back into your inventory when you remove it, just like any other crafting station.

Have edited post to remove bit about transmute station.

But there is a need for clarity. Statue or statuette?
    And proper confirmation, not the 2nd/3rd hand rumour.