The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Absolute best dueling build ?

WolfyRaps
WolfyRaps
✭✭✭✭
What is the absolute best dueling build with the best win rate vs other try hards that you managed to put together ?

At some point, before some nerf most wining class in duels was magplar. After not playing it for a while, and especially after CP change i found it not to be so competitive anymore. It gets absolutly blown to pieces by sorcs, stamcros and stamdens and I don't have the damage to burst through their insane heals.

So I did what any serious player would do and I followed the meta making my stamcro my main PVP character.

I am in 6 medium / 1 heavy but with stamcro I no longer get bursted by anything unless I am really sloppy or go berserk. I invested all CP into damage exept the single target reduction and wear morkuldin, slinger with malacath. My win rate is around 70-80% against the best tryhards in Bergama but I still feel that I am missing something. I mostly stale vs good necros and stamdens...

I do not have the frenzied momentum mace, just the axe so I stuck to wearing monster set. I have tried many combitations balrog, velidreth, selene but I still feel malubeth offers the best sutained pressure and gives me more room to stay on the front bar more and sustain heals. But I still feel that I am missing the extra edge when it comes down to bursting tanky and skilled players. So should I dish the monster set all together, farm the mace and run morkuldin on both bars ? I feel that I can sustain the defense with that and maybe a higher uptime on morkuldin combined with the burst of frenzied momentum would allow me attain that perfect build.

What are your thoughts ?
Edited by WolfyRaps on March 26, 2021 1:00PM
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    I think, game balance will prevent you from going to absolute OP.

Build sounds strong af and the rest depends only on your playstyle and slotted skills. Maybe if I was you, I'd switch Morkul on Stuhn to get crazy penetration for taking down reinforced stamdens. Stuhn + Dizzy/Grave gasp gives you crazy penetration (which makes someone's life even worse with all armor penalties).
    Crazy Damage from Malacath + crazy penetration + Necro's native durability... Feeling like not much opponents you can have.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nick_Balza wrote: »
    I think, game balance will prevent you from going to absolute OP.

Build sounds strong af and the rest depends only on your playstyle and slotted skills. Maybe if I was you, I'd switch Morkul on Stuhn to get crazy penetration for taking down reinforced stamdens. Stuhn + Dizzy/Grave gasp gives you crazy penetration (which makes someone's life even worse with all armor penalties).
    Crazy Damage from Malacath + crazy penetration + Necro's native durability... Feeling like not much opponents you can have.

Not sure that the penetration from Sthuns is better than the constant damage from Morkul. What I am missing is the burst that can only be obtained from frenzied momentum.. Didnt had any luck to drop the mace til now though..
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    Not sure that the penetration from Sthuns is better than the constant damage from Morkul. What I am missing is the burst that can only be obtained from frenzied momentum.. Didnt had any luck to drop the mace til now though..
    Does Stuhn's really outstrip Morkuldin's for damage? I'm asking because I don't honestly know.

What I like about Morkuldin's is the way it tracks Nightblades in stealth and other folks using Invisibility potions.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    The cheesiest ive seen is magdk with vateshran inferno- icy conjuror back bar-draugrkin body and maw/zaan. Super oppressive. Fossilize basically becomes your burst ability lmao
    Edited by buzzclops on April 12, 2021 12:05PM
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    The cheesiest ive seen is magdk with vateshran inferno- icy conjuror back bar-draugrkin body and maw/zaan. Super oppressive. Fossilize basically becomes your burst ability lmao

In light armor gets eaten allive by stamcro..
  • Electrochemist
    Electrochemist
    Soul Shriven
    WolfyRaps, can I ask you for help with build? You mentioned that your ideal build for stamcro (dueling) includes 6 medium + 1 heavy, morkuldin (both bars), plague slinger (only back bar), malacath + vateshran 2h (mace, nirnhoned I guess).

But what traits and mundus do you prefer, is it 7 impen + 3 weapon damage jewelry (infused) + some poison on weapon + serpent mundus (tri-stat enchants on every armor piece)? I am struggling with skills to. For that setup I guess you are using:

1) Dizzying swing, Execute, Blighted Blastbones, Rally, Mortal Coil, Dawnbreaker
    2) Pierce armor, Spirit Guardian, Beckoning Armor, Resolving Vigor, ?, ?

Can you tell us your armor traits, skills and mundus please (correct me if I was wrong in my assumptions).

I tried my own build with morkuldin on front bar ( sharpened sword) + eternal vigor (both bars) + vateshran frost staff (defending) on back bar (5 heavy, 2 medium) + malacath, all impen + serpent mudnus, all jewelry infused with weapon damage enchant. Skills like I mentioned above (change Pierce armor for Elemental Drain). On "?" positions I used "Race against time" and "Ravenous Goliath". I was able to hold damage but my winrate against good bergama players was pretty low (need to mention that my max alliance rank is only sergeant). Besides, I not used any poisions. I used berserker glyphs only and "Bewitched sugar skulls" food, tri-stat pots.

I also don't know if morkudlin in your build on both bars is optimal. I mean if we will use it on back bar then we can reapply it with pierce armor + light atack every 15 sec (the same cooldown). Cooldown of plague slinger is 8 sec, so it will trigger it like every 8 sec if we will use it on both bars.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps, can I ask you for help with build? You mentioned that your ideal build for stamcro (dueling) includes 6 medium + 1 heavy, morkuldin (both bars), plague slinger (only back bar), malacath + vateshran 2h (mace, nirnhoned I guess).

But what traits and mundus do you prefer, is it 7 impen + 3 weapon damage jewelry (infused) + some poison on weapon + serpent mundus (tri-stat enchants on every armor piece)? I am struggling with skills to. For that setup I guess you are using:

1) Dizzying swing, Execute, Blighted Blastbones, Rally, Mortal Coil, Dawnbreaker
    2) Pierce armor, Spirit Guardian, Beckoning Armor, Resolving Vigor, ?, ?

Can you tell us your armor traits, skills and mundus please (correct me if I was wrong in my assumptions).

I tried my own build with morkuldin on front bar ( sharpened sword) + eternal vigor (both bars) + vateshran frost staff (defending) on back bar (5 heavy, 2 medium) + malacath, all impen + serpent mudnus, all jewelry infused with weapon damage enchant. Skills like I mentioned above (change Pierce armor for Elemental Drain). On "?" positions I used "Race against time" and "Ravenous Goliath". I was able to hold damage but my winrate against good bergama players was pretty low (need to mention that my max alliance rank is only sergeant). Besides, I not used any poisions. I used berserker glyphs only and "Bewitched sugar skulls" food, tri-stat pots.

I also don't know if morkudlin in your build on both bars is optimal. I mean if we will use it on back bar then we can reapply it with pierce armor + light atack every 15 sec (the same cooldown). Cooldown of plague slinger is 8 sec, so it will trigger it like every 8 sec if we will use it on both bars.

I use Temporal guard back bar. My setup otherwise is almost exactly like yours. I dont use impen, all devines/ infused on big pieces with triglyph.

I know Murkladin is not optimal. Best would be Vate 2H mace from bar but had no luck droping it and no motivation to farm it intensiely.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    I know Murkladin is not optimal. Best would be Vate 2H mace from bar but had no luck droping it and no motivation to farm it intensiely.
    So, what's the general consensus on Morkuldin?

I'm building out a StamBlade dueling build with Morkuldin's, and I'm wondering if I should swap it out for Stuhn's (as suggested above) or for something with a little more Crit punch.