The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Consider the following...

SillyGT
SillyGT
✭✭✭✭
I'm fully aware that cyrodiil test are not going to be going on after Blackwood. There is one test that Zenimax should consider, removing all guards to see how it effects performance. Guards in cyrodiil have to do over 50k calculations in pvp. So it would free up a lot of stress on the server. It is just something to consider to see how it effects lag. I'm aware that it would make cyrodiil a little empty until you find a player, but it is some thing to look at.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so sure, since the performance was better before the extinction of deer in Cyrodiil. Not to mention the larger population numbers per faction back then, so there are probably other factors impacting on performance.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old servers and the Hero engine don't help. ESO needs a game engine overhaul.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During prime time the guards do some seriously weird stuff. Their pathing seems to be utter confusion as they engage and disengage constantly throughout a fight. They don't seem to know if they're attacking or running away. I was watching the animations closely last night and you can see them change directions constantly.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiny drops on hot stones. Those little unburdens won't do much in the grand sheme of things. I haven't been around when it struck but after all I read it was the "lightning patch" / the shifting of calculations to the server to prevent cheating that got performance degradation rolling. So maybe they should see if they can steamline some of that. I don't strip tape on cracks in the walls if the foundation breaks apart.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the moving of more calculations server side to thwart cheating plus the introduction of the Akamai anti-DDoS bottleneck is what has persistently restricted performance compared to before Update 1.3.3 (Lighting patch).

Until those issues are resolved, no amount of NPC modification will have any appreciable effect on Cyrodiil performance.

Edited by Jaraal on April 5, 2021 7:57PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.