The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selling, Banking & Storage Extremely Slow post-update 29

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
There is noticable slowness/delay when selling to a merchant and depositing/withdrawing from a banker or storage coffer since the most recent update. I've tested this on both wifi and hardwired connections on both PS4 and PS5. NA server here.

I'm also noticing the same delay, but not every time, when equipping or unequipping gear.
Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on March 19, 2021 5:46PM
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    There is noticable slowness/delay when selling to a merchant and depositing/withdrawing from a banker or storage coffer since the most recent update. I've tested this on both wifi and hardwired connections on both PS4 and PS5. NA server here.

I'm also noticing the same delay, but not every time, when equipping or unequipping gear.

Same on Xbox (EU server) so this is console based, and sometimes the lag on withdraw is so long, the game times out and causes an "Unexpected error" and dashboards.
    Also notice that when I use "House" banker to deposit, this lag is usually 4-5 seconds but withdrawing takes up to 10.

Also, sometimes my crafting materials occasionally show as RED as if I don't have the appropriate level, but all my crafting skills are at max
    Edited by AaronGuilder on March 20, 2021 4:57PM
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • AwakeOhSleeper
    AwakeOhSleeper
    ✭✭✭
    Can also confirm a delay, reloading ui or relogging seems to help (moderately) for a few moments. It seems to get worse as more items are deposited/withdrawn.
    Edited by AwakeOhSleeper on March 23, 2021 11:03AM
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    Also getting lag when excavating dig sites, with the area been dug not actually removing the dirt for 4-5 seconds. PS4 EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These issues do not seem to be on the PC, even with tons of inventory related addons. So this is platform specific.

Just posting this to help focus troubleshooting efforts.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    And dont working scrolling R2-L2 in guild bank.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And dont working scrolling R2-L2 in guild bank.

It actually does work, if you wait about 50 seconds after pressing. Not exaggerating... it’s about a 50 second delay.

Also, with regards to bank and inventory lag... I crafted new gear for a new toon, put it in my bank, and then took it out my bank after logging in on new toon... then equipped it. The process post gear crafting (so just the inventory stuff) took 32 minutes and 24 seconds. 10 minutes approx of that was taken just equipping the gear....

Oh, and whatever you do do NOT use a crown repair kit.... over 5 minutes frozen until it was used and my gear fixed.... shocking.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Interacting with banker is extremely slow. I am on PS4_EU
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is insanely ridiculous. How do y'all manage to break something that's been functioning A-OK for years?
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue post update with a PS4 Pro.

All banking transactions cause serious lage, especially guild banks. I even get lag unequipping and equipping items from my inventory.
    PS5 - Olaf the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
    PC - Olav the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    These issues do not seem to be on the PC, even with tons of inventory related addons. So this is platform specific.

Just posting this to help focus troubleshooting efforts.

Post-U29, opening any guild bank in PC freezes the game for 3-5 sec always.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is really bad on PlayStation and I play on a PS5. They for sure messed something on in the last update. Wonder how long we will have to deal with in. Turned in a bug report already.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    Using the banker to deposit is sometimes okay for me, some times not.

Using the $50 banker that I have paid for, as well as regular bankers, guild bank & personal bank, results in a 4 to 6 seconds .. screen freeze. I can still hear people talk, but there is no foreground or background imagery change. it is a static image for that duration. all other interactions before banker withdraws, as well as afterwards, are fine.

there is also a 4 second delay in changing weapons in the inventory space.

This seems to be a server side issue as everyone I know is experiencing the same issue, across various locations, and are fine before interaction, and fine after interaction.

come to think of it, I have experienced a 1-3 seconds delay when depositing from time to time.

this issue is also seen on Xobx, as reported from

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/566468/bank-storage#latest

@ZOS_BillE

@ZOS_GinaBruno

"Clear Your Mac Address
    On the Xbox One home screen, navigate to the left.
    Select the Settings options, then All Settings, Network, and finally Network Settings.
    From there, select Advanced Settings, Alternative Mac Address, then finally select Clear.
    "

so if there is latency, it won't be on the local segmant, the [L]ocal [A]era [N]etwork. LAN.

spoofing ones mac address is only beneficial when sitting in a cafe, with a hoodie on, that doesn't have great security cameras, and trying to access sites within a country that doesn't have an extradition agreement, unless your vpn'ing out of a country, to vpn back in... but why would you do that when you can "war drive" and hook in on peoples free wifi still change your mac address to a different one than the manufacturing of your laptop, of course?

can look up windows iftop to check bandwith usage on an interface.
    can run an arp-scan on linux to see if you have duplicate mac addresses on your local segment, as mac addresses are only relevant up to the router, within a single layer 2 broadcast domain. duplicate mac addresses are very rare, and only likely to be found in a lab enviornment with many, /23 or /20 + subnets.

I was thinking of grabbing a hub from work and hooking it into my playstation and then running wireshark to get teh auth server ip to then run a trace route multiple times.

my other thought was to try and find out if strace will work on unix as i try and access the bank, but i don't feel like modifying my playstation, though the warranty is gone at this time, just to trouble shoot your product.

and as i said, since playing the game is fine directly before interacting with a vendor and banker, both personal paid NPC, and banker in the bank npc, and the game plays perfectly fine after the interactions, it is not a latency 7 second network blip , repeatedly , every single time one talks to a banker. people within all 5 of the guilds I am in, and we have the forum listed on xobx as well.

is this issue being looked into?

[final edit]
    oh, and cause i'm still bored,

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/567476/what-happened-to-the-bank#latest

its happening on PC too.

Thanks for your time.
    Edited by emeraldshado on March 29, 2021 6:24AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update posted here, we are aware and currently working on a fix for the lag and freezing issues the guild bank is experiencing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post