Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Console Enhanced Brings Next-Generation Fidelity & Performance"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
d0a8c1fda2dc44b27f75099e0eb35e93.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "ESO: Console Enhanced Brings Next-Generation Fidelity & Performance to Tamriel" blog article.

Experience Tamriel augmented through the power of the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 with Console Enhanced, a new version of ESO that brings next-gen fidelity and performance, completely free for all existing ESO players!
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on March 31, 2021 7:51PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stoked!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • FishForce
    FishForce
    No keyboard mouse support for consoles? :neutral:
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which of these features are already part of the Xbox one X? For example, aren't reflections and improved viewing distance already part of the backward compatible versions since it's an Xbox One X optimized version?

I guess what I'm asking is if there's a comparison between console enhanced and what we're playing right now on Xbox series x.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which of these features are already part of the Xbox one X? For example, aren't reflections and improved viewing distance already part of the backward compatible versions since it's an Xbox One X optimized version?

I guess what I'm asking is if there's a comparison between console enhanced and what we're playing right now on Xbox series x.

Here's my (pure) guess:

Performance mode: largely the same as what we play currently using the Xbox One X enhancements, but at 60 frames per second. Maybe some slight additional graphical improvements.

Fidelity mode: noticeable quality improvements to the areas highlighted in the article over what we currently play using the Xbox One X version through backward compatibility, but maintaining 30 frames per second
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest question on my mind is will the fidelity enhancements be on PC as well...

If so it would go great with whenever I eventually get an RTX 3080.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    120fps would be extremely nice but 60 will do just fine.

However please please please increase the maximum camera sensitivity
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said fidelity mode is 4K didn’t they? But isn’t that what Xbox one X is already doing?

Am I misunderstanding one of those two points?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said fidelity mode is 4K didn’t they? But isn’t that what Xbox one X is already doing?

Am I misunderstanding one of those two points?

Fidelity mode will be 4K with several graphical quality enhancements over the Xbox One X version.
  • oOoYourMOMoOo
    Will the next gen patch take advantage of quick resume? I know it would be weird with having to sign into server each time? But maybe with the new Xbox collaboration you guys have a plan?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the next gen patch take advantage of quick resume? I know it would be weird with having to sign into server each time? But maybe with the new Xbox collaboration you guys have a plan?

Highly doubt it.
  • TheGent
    TheGent
    ✭✭✭
    gimnmick
    ESO: @The.Gent
    I really need a questing friend. Playing solo is lonely and boring (i am in multiple guilds too)

• mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there no ESO Live today?
    I thought this would be one of the topics, and it's on the Twitch channel schedule 🤔
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.