The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem with RNG (Ring of the Pale Order) and Badman’s Hollow.

Stevie6
Stevie6
✭✭✭✭
The drop rate is totally rng and it should be changed. This item should be a scryable item and then dug up. Why is this a monster drop?
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    i had to put up with it multiple times before we could craft them, you can do it once. just farm the ads for an hr or so then leave it till the next day, i always got my lead on the second try.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh and 1 more thing, learn how to get thru content (arenas) w/o PO first then use it to get achieves. Just because streamers use it when they run thru content does not mean you have to cheese the game like they do. just take your time, learn mechanics and you will get thru it. I did vVH on 7 characters before i even farmed the PO ring so i could learn mechanics. PO just make it easier like having your sauce on the side :smile:
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve done VMA and other solo content but I came back after a year of GW2 just to try the scrying-antique mini game. Trying to do the “exploration” aspect of the game. I have several leads on other items. It’s a lot of fun so far. I wouldn’t mind digging up the item in that dungeon but waiting for it to drop via a monster is just LOL.
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your replies Ramber
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a notoriously bad one. Everyone complains about it.

Easiest way is just to sit at entrance. There are three zombies to left, a group of spiders etc down the corridor ahead of you, and then another group down the tunnel on your right that are all on fast spawn timers. Plus there's a group of 4 rats round to the right that spawn intermittently.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're confusing the scrying and digging with how you get the leads.

Once you have the LEAD, it is a scryable and diggable item, in Glenumbra.

BUT, what you're farming for is the lead, which drops from trash monsters.

There is another lead also found in Bad Mans Hallows, which drops from boss monsters, for a different antiquity. This is, again, not an item, but a lead - once you have the lead, you have to scry and dig to find the item.

The annoyance here is as follows: (a) There just isn't enough trash in Bad Mans Hallows. Most other Public Dungeons have considerably more trash mobs that respawn faster. (b) What trash there is, as often as not, a whole group of them just don't drop items. Most other Public Dungeons have trash mobs that are more likely to drop items than the mobs of Bad Mans Hallows. (c) And because there are two leads here, the dungeon is constantly overrun with people trying to farm, so a lot of the trash monsters are going to be taken out repeatedly before you get there, and because it's stuff like skeevers and hoarvors, there is very little chance of multiple people getting a hit in on any given monster, so the chances are that even if you're there, if there are other people there, there's a good chance that the trashmob will die without you ever getting a hit on it, so it won't drop anything for you because you don't count as having killed it.
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I eventually got all the leads and items. Got the ring but being a low damage dealer, the ring doesn’t heal enough to make a difference. I’m better off without it. Thanks again.
  • sliabh
    sliabh
    ✭✭
    ORC