The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necromancer & undead's summon location - suggestion to ZOS

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
Could you please make skeletal mage and spirit mender appear in front of the necromancer like blastbones do? I use Empowering Grasp to buff them but most of the time it's terrible to land it on them during a heated fight (like pvp or a very strong boss) when they appear like, behind you.
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waaait they can be buffed? does that mean that the can take away a major courage procc or a combat prayer buff from real players? wasnt that an issue way back with the sorcerer pets?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    waaait they can be buffed? does that mean that the can take away a major courage procc or a combat prayer buff from real players? wasnt that an issue way back with the sorcerer pets?

No.

Empowering Grasp buffs necro pets by 40%, but it casts in front of player and pets have to be in the field to get the buff. Pets stay to either side of the player.

Grasp should just buff the pets when you cast it.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    waaait they can be buffed?

Only with Empowering Grasp. Other buffs won't apply.
    katorga wrote: »
    Grasp should just buff the pets when you cast it.

This would work as well.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on March 26, 2021 3:26PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please have empowering auto buff the pets. Necro has enough mini games during combat and it's too expensive to spam just for the buff.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please have empowering auto buff the pets. Necro has enough mini games during combat and it's too expensive to spam just for the buff.

Imagine using animate blastbones and instantly buff all of three for 40% more power in pvp.
    Add also some burst damage proc sets on top.
    I like this idea xD.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

Imagine using animate blastbones and instantly buff all of three for 40% more power in pvp.
    I like this idea xD.

It's possible to only buff Skeletal Mage and Spirit Mender.

Yeah, having them buffed on cast seems like a better idea... I don't expect necro to get buffs or reworks anymore, but this would a simple and excellent change.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

I like this idea xD.

It's possible to only buff Skeletal Mage and Spirit Mender.

Yeah, having them buffed on cast seems like a better idea... I don't expect necro to get buffs or reworks anymore, but this would a simple and excellent change.

Hm. No blastbones buff, I am sad.
    I played with idea to buff my minions with this skill, but slotting damage skill was more worth it. Have nothing against the change tho
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you please make skeletal mage and spirit mender appear in front of the necromancer like blastbones do? I use Empowering Grasp to buff them but most of the time it's terrible to land it on them during a heated fight (like pvp or a very strong boss) when they appear like, behind you.

Whole reason I don't use Empowering is the fact that it is cast in front of me and not in a circle. Very difficult to cast it on my summons. I'd prefer it if Empowering was cast either in a circle like graveyard or as an area buff similiar to vigor's morph. At least then I know I've got a chance to buff them lol
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys should pay a bit more attention to how that skill works in reality:

Empowering Grasp hits your pets when they are left and right next to you. If you stand still, summon your Mage and Mender they spawn to your left and right side. And when you use Grasp then, you can see that it hits them even not standing in front of you (they get a mint green effect). Empowering Grasp basically starts at the position of your character and has a diameter if 2-3m. Imagine it like a rectangle in front of you, you’re in the mid of the shorter bottom line and your pets are in the left and right bottom corner.

In general I agree though, the positional requirements on several Necromancer skills are clunky and pretty horrible in direct gameplay. Empowering Grasp should just automatically hit your pets, no matter where they are. And both Tethers should, if you don’t have any corpse targeted, automatically pick one corpse around you so that you can activate it anytime without the need to look for a corpse (as long as there’s a corpse near you).
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 31, 2021 8:25AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I think you guys should pay a bit more attention to how that skill works in reality:

Empowering Grasp hits your pets when they are left and right next to you. If you stand still, summon your Mage and Mender they spawn to your left and right side. And when you use Grasp then, you can see that it hits them even not standing in front of you (they get a mint green effect).

Actual gameplay is where it all ends in tears. If I move at all in a fight they are out of position enough to not get hit, and you have to wait till they reposition, or try to move to where they slightly in front of you. The pets move slowly so this works sometimes.

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Empowering Grasp hits your pets when they are left and right next to you. If you stand still, summon your Mage and Mender they spawn to your left and right side. And when you use Grasp then, you can see that it hits them even not standing in front of you (they get a mint green effect).

Actual gameplay is where it all ends in tears. If I move at all in a fight they are out of position enough to not get hit, and you have to wait till they reposition, or try to move to where they slightly in front of you. The pets move slowly so this works sometimes.

I know it’s not the best solution, but just stand still when you summon them, cast Grasp and be happy about it.

The bigger issue is that the buff only lasts 5 seconds which is ridiculously short for what it does.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know it’s not the best solution, but just stand still when you summon them, cast Grasp and be happy about it.

The bigger issue is that the buff only lasts 5 seconds which is ridiculously short for what it does.

At least as dps the pet is garbage/filler dot mainly there to proc passives. Not worth the effort to bother.