The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

buying crown crates

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
I'm very new to the ESO and am wondering, if I buy Crown Crates do they actually show up in my inventory and if so do they stack? If they don't show up in my inventory and I buy a bunch, and I want to say open one a week, how do I track them?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you buy Crown Crates, they go into their own separate area totally unrelated to your character's invenotry. In the Crown Store menu, you'll find the Crown Crate option; selecting it will pull up a screen where you can see how many and what type of Crates you've got. Then if you select a type of Crates, you'll see Pacrooti pop up and sit on a crate, waiting for you to give the command to open them one at a time.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! Very helpful.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy to help! : )

Also, forgot to mention, Crown Crates can sit in their waiting area forever -- they have no expiration as far as I'm aware. So you can open one a week (or whatever pace floats your boat) without worry!

And just as an FYI, since you kind of indicated you may be the patient type: Crown Crates sometimes go on sale toward the end of their cycle. So you can pay 5,500 Crowns now for 15 Crates, or you can pay ~3,500 in a couple months. I forget the exact price the last ones went on sale for, but that's the gist. Just a heads up, in case that interests you!
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Also, forgot to mention, Crown Crates can sit in their waiting area forever -- they have no expiration as far as I'm aware. So you can open one a week (or whatever pace floats your boat) without worry!

And just as an FYI, since you kind of indicated you may be the patient type: Crown Crates sometimes go on sale toward the end of their cycle. So you can pay 5,500 Crowns now for 15 Crates, or you can pay ~3,500 in a couple months. I forget the exact price the last ones went on sale for, but that's the gist. Just a heads up, in case that interests you!

I'll add to this, but to be even more cost efficient, only buy crowns when they're on sale.

Between discounted Crown Prices and only buying Crown Crates when they're on sale as well, it'll save quite a bit of cash in the long run.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on April 2, 2021 8:31PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

I'll add to this, but to be even more cost efficient, only buy crowns when they're on sale.

Between discounted Crown Prices and only buying Crown Crates when they're on sale as well, it'll save quite a bit of cash in the long run.

Good catch! Crowns are on sale right now, and I failed to put that together in my post! Thanks for the super good advice, Boss! :)
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

Good catch! Crowns are on sale right now, and I failed to put that together in my post! Thanks for the super good advice, Boss! :)

As soon as crowns went on sale I did buy some. I didn't know however that crates go on sale until you mentioned it. Not sure how long I can hold out for a sale on crates also. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the crates.