Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Proc BG versus Cyro No Proc Performance

WoppaBoem
WoppaBoem
✭✭✭✭✭
BG has worse performance with procs enabled. I am just moved and live in the middle of a field now. My internet is poor, however Cyro no Proc 100% playable for me. When faction stack happens is bad really bad. Outside of that and outside prime time Cyro performance much better than BG.

With my poor internet in BG's with procs people are teleporting and much delays. Its a really poor game performance. This compared to outside prime Cyro and faction stacking Cyro is much better.

So I can attest from my side No Proc Cyro versus BG in a like to like comparison Cyro performance wins. I understand Cyro has bigger issue with pop locked prime time, faction stacking and ball groups. But I am happy that with my poor internet I can have a blast in Cyro still outside the know issues. For me BG's no matter what time became unplayable.

Please keep procs in the future to absolute minimum ZOS please.
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 29, 2021 10:08AM
Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG performance shouldn't be evaluated through the lense of "poor internet."

I'm happy that, in your situation, you've found PvP that is still playable (off-peak, no proc Cyro). But under normal circumstances, BGs have more stable performance then no proc Cyro.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS already stated procs have nothing to do with lag.

If you're experiencing less lag in Cyrodill; the only possibility is that it has a lower population.

During the tests, more players made more lag.

And there were more players cuz of double AP and not lack of procs
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 29, 2021 5:06PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should state your server and platform. PC/EU, no lags in BGs like ever. Had few days in half a year when it lagged.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    You should state your server and platform. PC/EU, no lags in BGs like ever. Had few days in half a year when it lagged.

lol look my signature. You guys don't get it like at all. Due to me having poor internet I find out with much more sensitivity the state of the game. I am amazed in my experience no proc Cyrodiil has the best performance while having poor internet.

I always played BG's without any problem. My internet before was good. Hence my post as most people don't notice the subtle difference one experience with lower quality internet.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »

lol look my signature. You guys don't get it like at all. Due to me having poor internet I find out with much more sensitivity the state of the game. I am amazed in my experience no proc Cyrodiil has the best performance while having poor internet.

I always played BG's without any problem. My internet before was good. Hence my post as most people don't notice the subtle difference one experience with lower quality internet.

Your title should reflect that your comparison is under poor internet conditions. Otherwise, even with the reference to your internet quality in your post, it still sounds like you are trying to offer a general comparison.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • KashyyyK240
    KashyyyK240
    ✭✭✭
    I see people with no lag issues comment like it's the norm. I play on PC-EU and lag is awful sometimes for no obvious reason. I can have 80 ping and the game feels like I'm playing with 120+. Prime time in BG is even worse.
    90-100 ping and yet 80% of my deaths I'm left without resources and can still move for a few seconds despite being dead already.
    Getting knocked down results in my character moving around on his belly after breaking free.
    Streaks rubber band me to my start point randomly a few seconds after I cast it.
    Have you met a bomber in BG? Or Crimson users? Once that hits 3+ guys you get a sudden spike of low fps for 2-3 seconds. This is procs causing lags. Doesn't mean it's a constant lag, but once 12 people each trigger their procs in a small space, all those 2-3 seconds each do add up and cause delays in your connection.
    Stop commenting with "no lag hurr durr" if you're 1km away from servers and have 40 ping. Most of us don't.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see people with no lag issues comment like it's the norm. I play on PC-EU and lag is awful sometimes for no obvious reason. I can have 80 ping and the game feels like I'm playing with 120+. Prime time in BG is even worse.
    90-100 ping and yet 80% of my deaths I'm left without resources and can still move for a few seconds despite being dead already.
    Getting knocked down results in my character moving around on his belly after breaking free.
    Streaks rubber band me to my start point randomly a few seconds after I cast it.
    Have you met a bomber in BG? Or Crimson users? Once that hits 3+ guys you get a sudden spike of low fps for 2-3 seconds. This is procs causing lags. Doesn't mean it's a constant lag, but once 12 people each trigger their procs in a small space, all those 2-3 seconds each do add up and cause delays in your connection.
    Stop commenting with "no lag hurr durr" if you're 1km away from servers and have 40 ping. Most of us don't.

Zos already stated that removing procs did nothing to help with lag.
    So you think if disabling procs from 50 a side battles didn't help, then they somehow procs cause lag in a 4 player per side(at max, mind you) battle?
    Nope.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Zos already stated that removing procs did nothing to help with lag.
    So you think if disabling procs from 50 a side battles didn't help, then they somehow procs cause lag in a 4 player per side(at max, mind you) battle?
    Nope.

ZOS says it so its true, good way to live life mate GG.

Everyone on my server says No Proc Cyro is less lag, less delay, the obvious problems still exist but everything outside the faction stack band wagon prime time feels much better. So we should just put aside our own experience because ZOS says so. The test was done with double XP and with a huge sense of renewed gameplay.

Good tests take into account all aspects. I do understand ZOS sees this because even without positive test results they wanted to keep the no proc going for another 6 months.

BG's feel worse 12 man battles than 12 man battles in no proc Cyro outside prime. That I have now experienced over and over. Don't need diagnostics to tell that is true or not.
    Edited by WoppaBoem on April 1, 2021 10:19AM
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only