The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Who do you target first? How do you choose your target?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, what a great question Anela :)

by far this has been one of my favorite threads to go through in quite a while...so super cool to see so many familiar poster and pvp friendly names here responding...

i'm almost always a solo player...i don't use any stat counters on my UI/screen, all i'm watching are health bars and cp points...

excellent point someone made regarding how an opponents health bar reacts to damage...

as someone whom started a second batch of fighters on their platform sister server a couple of years ago - i can most certainly attest to the fact that EVERYONE targets the lowest level cp toon...

if you're in that situation and reading this - either build to survive or just play nightblades and sneak away all the time...i guess if you got enough magicka you might be able to also streak away...

i usually target: players that other players are targeting, or players targeting me - if able i do my best to bring them in to areas allies are fighting in...

okay now here's where i do disagree with everyone above - based on almost six years now in cyro and having 17 fighting toons - even when i was first starting on the NA server - people generally did not go for my monster looking orc in heavy armor (often which is actually some costume)...

it is/was very noticeable even from years ago...mainly this is a small scale thing where you are able to actually get a decent visual of all the people fighting around you...

sure enough, when i started a bunch of new toons on the EU server - my orc got the same treatment...

i know that sounds absolutely ridiculous - but - we are all humans after all...

my suggestion - if you feel you are being targeted a bunch with the small group you play with - put on some fortified brass and plague doctor and just focus on perfecting your sub assault, dawnbreaker, spin to win combo :p

geo
    Edited by geonsocal on March 24, 2021 10:12PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    3) You have to work on your co-players' low damage - it is not threatening enough. Of course, they will claim that their damage is great and their build is great and blablablabla, and after that you 3 equip harmonious jewelry, put down 2-3 Grave Robber synergies, a Lightning Flood, a SubAssault, maybe 2 Orb synergies, and a Blast Bones, and everyone who tried to focus you will change the side of the street and won't be back until you invade Akavir.

that was an awesome post @Thraben :)

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I fire Engulfing Flames into a group I begin focusing the person who either doesn't heal or has their health drop the fastest afterwards. Eliminating the low health combatants first and moving up is a valid tactic since if you waste your time trying to kill the target who would give you a hard time in a 1v1 in the middle of a group fight you're just hurting your side.

Reason being is the squishy targets might be healing that one brawler you're taking on and it'd be better for you to kill the healer before focusing them again. I know my one PVP guild had this tactic where we'd actually push through the front line of tanky melee fighters to get at the squishy healers and ranged DPS in the back. It allowed us to punch above our group size since once the heavy hitters and healers died the tanky players soon joined them.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People with low health, wielding a bow and/or people who try to keep their distance from the brawl, those are the ones I like to target.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually I hit each person with something and see how much damage they take. The ones that take the most damage (squishiest) are often first targets.

Also, if I see someone not healing or keeping the major resolve buff up, then 100% that person.
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! I never expected so many helpful replies! I am very grateful that all of you took the time to help me. I have made some changes to my skill bars and will use some of your tactical advice.

For now, I have no plans on changing my female to a big hairy male Orc thanks to your responses. :)

Thanks again...ever so much.

Anela

• Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    When facing a group of unknown players:
    Healers first if they have one, if healer tanky we just move on to next target, which might be chosen by class/pvp rank if it is a harder group to fight.

Against a group we know we often tend to go for the big damage dealer first or leader.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I never expected so many helpful replies!
    it was a great question, both basic and nuanced for pvp, in particular: cyrodiil combat...

For now, I have no plans on changing my female to a big hairy male Orc thanks to your responses. :)
    having a really scary looking mount will also help to dissuade most gankers from trying to snipe you on your way between keeps...
    200.gif

Edited by geonsocal on March 27, 2021 9:44PM
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody spamming healing is target numba wan. Name called out and everything. Then the squishy guys, sorcs and NBs for the most part. Last is the tanky high HP guys.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other than the things already stated about being a healer, low hp, etc. It could be that you are putting yourself in situations to be killed first. Are you running out in front and never falling back. Are the people you are running with never trying to block damage for you when your health is low. The best small team pvpers are always blocking damage for each other. They are basically rotating damage.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lowest health.
    Not the Sorcs or NB. They will quite. If your are in a group with big burst go for squishy Sorcs and NB to kill fast.
    Templar with low health or dk are good options.
    High health necros and Warden take to much time to kill.
  • PirateShaped
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Wow! I never expected so many helpful replies!
    it was a great question, both basic and nuanced for pvp, in particular: cyrodiil combat...

having a really scary looking mount will also help to dissuade most gankers from trying to snipe you on your way between keeps...
    200.gif

lol. Best mounts to make a player pack his lunch? Looking for suggestions.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiant apex of course :)
    Edited by geonsocal on April 1, 2021 7:38AM