Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lore behind Chrysamere?

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
What is the majestic Chrysamere's backstory? Who created it and when? Why does it disappear and resurface across history?
ON-crown_store-Chrysamere.jpg
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already read this page obviously, which is why I made this thread in the first place. The lore pages do not explain the sword's origins, i.e. before the ESO timeline. Also any connections with Azura are very vague and seem implausible.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its confirmed to be breton
    Edited by Aliyavana on November 5, 2023 9:50PM
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:21PM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I also feel like the Daedric connections are a marketing gimmick, this sword clearly has Aedric connections.

I love headcanon! Indeed, Bretons seem plausible, but an Imperial connection seems even more likely. In particular because of the two red diamonds on the sword. I'll involve it in my Shezarrine Paladin fantasy then!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume the Azura connection was arbitrarily added by ESO because Morrowind was the last Elder Scrolls game in which Chrysamere appeared. For some reason ESO's artefact styles all have to have a Daedric connection, presumably so they can slap a Daedric banner furnishing into the bundle to increase the price..

I like Aliyavana's interpretation, but given that Chrysamere usually returns to the crown store with Midyear Mayhem and the prominence of longswords in popular depictions of the Christian crusades, I personally associate Chrysamere with the Divine Crusader.

Both the ruby-encrusted pommel and the triangular guard also remind me of Pelinal Whitestrake's Sword of the Crusader from Oblivion.

Sword_of_the_Crusader.jpg

Chrysamere has never be sold in July during Midyear Mayhem. The sword is sold bundled with Azura themed furnishings every March since Azura's summoning day is in March (First Seed). Since Azura didn't have any associated artifacts that is a weapon before the introduction of the Moonlight Blade, they (likely) used Chrysamere to have a weapon to bundle for Azura's month. What would have made more sense to include in the bundle is Trueflame, considering the model for the blade already exists in ESO, and is associated with Nerevar, Azura's champion.

Again, I will say that if they intend for Chrysamere to be an Imperial artifact instead of Breton as implied by the ruby on the hilt, it will disappoint me, as they already have enough artifacts as it is.
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 1, 2021 5:54AM